Coronavirus.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have to say this to someone other than my wife, and please, don't get me wrong here. I live in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb of Los Angeles, and I was born here. In the last 20 years, this place has become horrible compared to what a beautiful place it was in the 60s-70s, and before. This Valley was THE place to live, we had everything going for us. With all of the people moving here in recent years, there is 10 times the people here, and on the road, as before.

Now, with such a large number of people staying home, the roads, the city, everything is uncluttered. If you need to drive anywhere, it's like going back to my High School days....so nice. Now, what is going on today, with people staying home IS important...…….but, oh my, it's soooo damn nice not fighting traffic, and I'm enjoying it, for what it's worth.
Yeah, its the same here up in Seattle.  The road crews should take advantage and fill in the pot holes. :whistling:

Michigan is another state that has a stay at home order for 3 weeks. Hopefully that’s all and this works to help suppress the virus. I just hope they can find a cure or something that kills this thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
They sure proved that people being together spreads it look at what New Orleans has going on. We have 2 cases in my town and 4 in adjoining and 1 in the other direction. If people would just stay at home but so many say "I am an American I can do what I want". They go out and just kill others. They are idiots with an little i. 

Rain last two days here maybe that keeps it washed off all the public places never know might be worse. 

Miss my gal friend, lol.

Michigan is another state that has a stay at home order for 3 weeks. Hopefully that’s all and this works to help suppress the virus. I just hope they can find a cure or something that kills this thing!
Several of my family members live in Michigan. I graduated from cedar springs in 75. Then couldnt stand the anticipation any longer and started moving westward.  Raised the kids out her then they all moved back to Michigan. Its a great state and I admit I do miss it. I wish everyone well in the great state of michiganders.

I have to admit I have not read all the earlier posts on this topic, so if this is a repeat, please excuse me.

Stores by me and from what I understand just about every where do not have toilet paper (go figure...won't go there).  The small standard size rolls are scarce.  However the large rolls, you know the kind that businesses use that mount in a large dispense in the stalls are still easy to get.  By the way a large roll is 1,000 feet long!

With that said and being car guys, most have some degree of mechanical ability and can think out of the box at times to over come obsticles.  So....see attached photo, did this in a day from scraps laying around my house.

Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I have not read all the earlier posts on this topic, so if this is a repeat, please excuse me.

Stores by me and from what I understand just about every where do not have toilet paper (go figure...won't go there).  The small standard size rolls are scarce.  However the large rolls, you know the kind that businesses use that mount in a large dispense in the stalls are still easy to get.  By the way a large roll is 1,000 feet long!

With that said and being car guys, most have some degree of mechanical ability and can think out of the box at times to over come obsticles.  So....see attached photo, did this in a day from scraps laying around my house.

Mac

Nice. Looks good.

Mac

I see Patent potential

So, working in the manufacturing sector, we're considered essential.

Get a call from the wife today, she's not feeling well, short of breath, chest hurts , dry cough. Crap. She does a video visit with a doc, they say she has enough symptoms to go get a test. Goes to the local hospital, they check her quick and upon finding here medical history, run a battery of other tests. Everything's in the clear, but they won't do a test on her, because she's not presenting enough symptoms to use one of the very scarce test kits. Doc orders 14 day self quarantine on all four of us.

Great.

So, I get to do what work I can from home and use a bunch of PTO.

On an up note, I think just for ha-ha's I'm going to drag the old 351C from my 71 XR-7 out from under the bench and freshen it up. Already have all the parts, just need to do a teardown, cleaning and reassembly. A quick hone, some new rings, bearings, timing set and a camshaft oughtta take care of it. I can have it swapped out in a day, with a couple days to fit the exhaust.

Hmmmm.....

Get a call from the wife today, she's not feeling well, short of breath, chest hurts , dry cough. Crap. She does a video visit with a doc, they say she has enough symptoms to go get a test. Goes to the local hospital, they check her quick and upon finding here medical history, run a battery of other tests. Everything's in the clear, but they won't do a test on her, because she's not presenting enough symptoms to use one of the very scarce test kits. Doc orders 14 day self quarantine on all four of us.

Great.

On an up note, I think just for ha-ha's I'm going to drag the old 351C from my 71 XR-7 out from under the bench and freshen it up. Already have all the parts, just need to do a teardown, cleaning and reassembly.  A quick hone, some new rings, bearings, timing set and a camshaft oughtta take care of it. I can have it swapped out in a day, with a couple days to fit the exhaust.

Hmmmm.....
Hope your wife feels better soon. Will say a prayer that she is NOT infected with the virus and feels better soon. New yorkers are now putting the rest of the country in a shortage.....sad. Comes down to who can yell the loudest I guess. 

Great idea on the 351c. Sally and I stripped a 71 cougar xr-7 down a year ago. We took most everything including the tranny. We couldnt determine if the 351c was any good so we left it behind. Everyday I kick myself for not bringing it home.........Dag nab it.

It appears that, for some, this virus can be dangerous, even fatal, for some...….. Many will contract it and weather it like a regular flu, and many still, will contract it and not realize any significant symptoms. Yes, some people have died, due to this virus, but the level of Media Hysteria being laid on the public is certainly unnecessary, unprecedented, and I'm sure that this thing, like the "Y2K" End-Of-The-World deal, will be looked back on, maybe a year from now, as the public going crazy. So far, so good, for me....and I hope all of you too, but I for one will be so happy when we, as a people, get back to being calm.

I just HAVE to add here, being that I live in Los Angeles, home to WAY TOO MANY DRIVERS, and in recent years, way too many asshole drivers...…...I really am digging that the streets are thinned out of all the people driving around. I suppose, if you rode a motorcycle, you'd really be liking all this. I know this will come to an end eventually, but until then, The Valley is back to how it was in the sixties, very cool.

Been watching the news and they have been showing pictures from various major cities where the streets are void of people and cars. Looks like something from a movie. In fact this whole ordeal seems like one. Who would of believed back at the beginning of the year anything like this would happen. I would have guess a major terrorist attack before this.

Here in Ohio we have about 3,000 cases and 75 deaths. Lower than a lot of the other states but the number is increasing daily. Ohio like most other states has a stay at home order.

Although I've been retired for several years now and am use to being at home I am getting restless not being able to go out to the places I like to shop and hang out at. Been getting a lot done on the car but need a break. Nice weather coming up in the next couple of days so maybe I'll sneak out and go to the gun club and rattle a few off or do a little fishing.

I hope you and your families are doing well. Hang tight and stay safe.

Been watching the news and they have been showing pictures from various major cities where the streets are void of people and cars.  Looks like something from a movie.  In fact this whole ordeal seems like one.  Who would of believed back at the beginning of the year anything like this would happen.  I would have guess a major terrorist attack before this. 

Here in Ohio we have about 3,000 cases and 75 deaths.  Lower than a lot of the other states but the number is increasing daily.  Ohio like most other states has a stay at home order.

Although I've been retired for several years now and am use to being at home I am getting restless not being able to go out to the places I like to shop and hang out at.  Been getting a lot done on the car but need a break.  Nice weather coming up in the next couple of days so maybe I'll sneak out and go to the gun club and rattle a few off or do a little fishing. 

I hope you and your families are doing well.  Hang tight and stay safe.
Anyone watch the TV show a few years ago...Last man on Earth ? It based on a virus the kills almost everyone on earth and what happens to the people that survive. Pretty crazy

Great.

On an up note, I think just for ha-ha's I'm going to drag the old 351C from my 71 XR-7 out from under the bench and freshen it up. Already have all the parts, just need to do a teardown, cleaning and reassembly.  A quick hone, some new rings, bearings, timing set and a camshaft oughtta take care of it. I can have it swapped out in a day, with a couple days to fit the exhaust.

Hmmmm.....
I hope your wife gets better rapidly and no one else starts feeling bad. Your energy and optimism on the rebuild and change out is great. I hope all goes well. Chuck

Back