Corvette?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Well...you may think I'm crossing over to the dark side? I'm in the process of adding a '73 Corvette to my stable. I guess I have a thing for the '70s since I have a '72 Camaro to go with my '72 Mustang. This one is just a fun car...another driver and the price was right.

JHawk

00r0r_62H9jrf8l1Y_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_cv7IBdm6s83_600x450.jpg

Wow! I think there is no such thing as a dark side when it comes to cool cars.

I'd take that Vette in heartbeat. :)

Oh, and I love the 70-73 Camaros.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love the old cars...I really want a Mopar (I used to have a '70 GTX years ago) but it's a price is right game. We'll see if the right deal ever comes about.

They can be fun.
Sweet, I love the '69...I really wanted the chrome front bumper but I always wait for the right deal...I am very happy with the body lines, maybe one of the best of all.

Some nice Chevys! I don't have a matching Camaro for the '72 Vette but there's a '69 to go with the silver Vette.

Back in 1974 I knew a guy who put a urethane front bumper on his '72 to make it look like a '73. I like the '73s and even the later ones but my favorites have chrome up front. Funny thing is that on my Camaro I prefer the Endura front.

After 72 corvette loses my attention. When the chrome went away so did the value. I've seen pristine 1973 and after Vetts. go for next to nothing. Bow Ties are for little boys and geeks. Ford Power all the way.

Bow Ties are for little boys and geeks.

As a generalization I'd have to agree for most Vette and first gen Camaro owners. They are a funny crowd. They talk about how fast their cars are but try to get then to the track and you'll hear, "I don't want to get my car dirty." "Something might break." " My car is too valuable to abuse." "I've grown up."

I feel sorry for the people who buy any vintage car and spend their time worrying about its value rather than what a performace car was made for.

AWESOME car, J! ::thumb::

My wife has always wanted a red 'Vette of around the same vintage, and I've been bugging her to get one so she could have what she wants. She keeps blowing it off. I've even offered to sell my Jeep for her to have a 'Vette... and despite her saying I need to get rid of the Jeep (since I hardly drive it anymore), she still balks.

I think she's afraid of having something like that at her disposal... probably afraid of wrecking or somehow otherwise damaging it.

I don't get the whole Ford vs. Chevy, or even staunch brand loyalty, for that matter. I like ALL cars... and I've owned and enjoyed many different makes & models over the years, and learned the most important thing regarding cars: the level of which a car is looked upon negatively is in direct relation to how one takes care of it. All of my cars (AMC/Jeep, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, Honda, Nissan, Pontiac - it doesn't matter) have been excellent vehicles... while others with the same vehicles have expired with less time and mileage.

Besides, without the Corvette, we probably wouldn't even have Mustangs or any other American performance cars, for that matter. ;)

I'd buy one if the price was right. I'm not a chevy lover by any means, but have owned some. In fact my yard truck is a GMC 1500. Why? because the price was right & the SBC is the easiest cheapest engine I have ever worked on.

In fact, I just agreed to supply the electrical portion of an electric headlight kit for 'vettes so I like them better now.

There is a member of our Cougar Club that picked up a 72 'vette w/o a motor- he's fitting it with a 351C. That will be interesting.

There is a member of our Cougar Club that picked up a 72 'vette w/o a motor- he's fitting it with a 351C. That will be interesting.
That's pretty cool. I hope it gets a toploader too.

Rather than spend the $$$ to beef up the IRS in my '69 I think I hear a nine inch callling. A little cross breeding never hurt.

Nice lookin shark.

Funny thing about vette's. You will run into the types that say vette sucked after 72, " same as you will run into mustang guys, who say mustangs died in 1970 ;).. My friend ran into such disrespect about a cream puff 1976 corvette he got...He took it too a few car shows, sucker was in great shape, all vett owners turned there noses up at it, cause it was only 210 hp stock...In a car that light, it still would get a 3rd gear scratch.. It was not a chump on the road. he was driving down my street one day, and a 427 vette was parked on the side of the road looking at a map.. He drove up and said "what a nice car, i got a vette too...Guy did not say thanks or anything, just says, what year? My buddy says 76 " you could see the guy roll his eyes" I can understand it was a big drop in horse power. but i do not understand the diserspect they get from fellow classic vette owners..lol

Not many corvette's i would turn my nose up at i guess..lol...I was use too that kinda treatment from other classic mustang owners. lol

Funny thing about vette's. You will run into the types that say vette sucked after 72, " same as you will run into mustang guys, who say mustangs died in 1970 ;).. My friend ran into such disrespect about a cream puff 1976 corvette he got...He took it too a few car shows, sucker was in great shape, all vett owners turned there noses up at it, cause it was only 210 hp stock...In a car that light, it still would get a 3rd gear scratch.. It was not a chump on the road. he was driving down my street one day, and a 427 vette was parked on the side of the road looking at a map.. He drove up and said "what a nice car, i got a vette too...Guy did not say thanks or anything, just says, what year? My buddy says 76 " you could see the guy roll his eyes" I can understand it was a big drop in horse power. but i do not understand the diserspect they get from fellow classic vette owners..lol

Not many corvette's i would turn my nose up at i guess..lol...I was use too that kinda treatment from other classic mustang owners:) lol
Well said...and so true. I actually think the '73 body style is one of the best designs.

JHawk

Not many corvette's i would turn my nose up at i guess..lol...I was use too that kinda treatment from other classic mustang owners:) lol
Well said...and so true. I actually think the '73 body style is one of the best designs.

and it does look good in the stable! :D

JHawk

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Looks like a time warp in the stable, back to a very good time ::beer:: Is it a TX car? It's a real looker. A lot of old Vettes has some nasty hidden rust issues.

Looks like a time warp in the stable, back to a very good time ::beer:: Is it a TX car? It's a real looker. A lot of old Vettes has some nasty hidden rust issues.
Thanks...it feels like a time warp as well! I'll drink to that ::beer:: Yes, it is a Texas car with minimal rust. Just a small place near the radiator. It's amazing how well this one has been kept up. I know I'm at least the fourth owner in the last 12 years so who knows where it's really been. But through it all the body, interior, etc. have all been kept undamaged.

JHawk

Back