Craft Beer - What do you enjoy?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
OK, so I like beer. My dad taught me that there is no such thing as a bad beer... It's just that some are better than others.

I've always pretty much stayed with Pilsner style beer... you know the typical Coors Light/Bud Light/ Miller Light.

But recently, my wife has been wanting to do crafts with wine and beer labels. And your run-of-the-mill beer bottles have boring labels.

So... I have been trying various craft beers, and, generally have been pleasantly surprised.

Just about everything from New Belgium has been really good, except for the mot recent one I tried that is brewed with coriander. OTOH, their Fat Tire Ale is really good.

new_belgium_sexy_shot.img_assist_custom-480x320.jpg

Lots of session IPAs have been really good.

So, what obscure beer do you like?

My favorite beer was from Australia: Wattles Black Seed Ale. OMG...tasty, strong, and delicious! Unfortunately, they stopped importing it into the States.

I normally drink Belgian beers Leffe blonde / Duval and UK West country ale Old Speckled Hen.

Random fact, I was told about an Ale called "Esprit" made by Cottage Brewing. Turned out the company used a picture of my Lotus Esprit on the beer tag!

post-15553-0-96483400-1406971978.jpg

Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_Stevens_3_Thum.jpg

Redondo Beach Brewery makes the best pumpkin ale. We used to live a few blocks from there and I gained a lot of weight drinking their beer. I rarely drink beer now...and I am skinny again... But when in Redondo Beach, I always have room for at least one!

Depot Street Brewery in Jonesborough, Tennessee makes an awesome Pullman Porter. They have about 6 different brews at any one time and they do rotate several of them, but so far, everyone I have tried has been really good.

That being said, my wife makes some excellent brew, as well. A couple years ago, she made an awesome Half-assed Apple Lager, that was probably the best brew I have ever tasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depot Street Brewery in Jonesborough, Tennessee makes an awesome Pullman Porter. They have about 6 different brews at any one time and they do rotate several of them, but so far, everyone I have tried has been really good.

That being said, my wife makes some excellent brew, as well. A couple years ago, she made an awesome Half-assed Apple Lager, that was probably the best brew I have ever tasted.
okay just to be sure if ya'll pose for the label...we hope its her not you :D

okay just to be sure if ya'll pose for the label...we hope its her not you :D
Actually, neither of us posed for it. Here's the label.

Back