Cuda vs Mustang dealer film

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you believe the “promotional spin“ of the ad (obviously made to sell the Cuda) it Looks like we have an inferior car...although there appears to be way more mustangs around than Cuba’s after 50 years....which should tell you something. Although I like the look of the cud’s, My perception is that cuda’s were no where near as popular, AND were not particularly well built and fell apart (just like the Challenger).
just my opinion

A lot more Mustangs than Cudas were sold, so it stands to reason that there are a lot more Mustangs left. I have had a 71 Cuda and two 71 Mustangs. There are things to like and dislike about both cars. Back in the day people voted with their money and Mustang clearly outsold the Barracuda and Challenger. The cars are really close to one another no matter how you look at it. To me the biggest differences are that the Cuda has more interior room and a much more usable rear seat, and you have much more room in the engine compartment because you do not have the shock towers and the shock tower braces in the way. Being able to lower and raise your front ride height by just adjusting the torsion bars is a definite plus. The styling of the Mustang is more dramatic and in your face on the sportsroof cars. I do not believe that there were huge differences in quality on the cars, they both seemed to have average quality for their time, and they will both rust to nothingness in the rust belt states. The Cudas interior felt cheaper, compared to the Mach 1 optional interior, but you could get real leather seats on a Cuda. Performance wise it is hard to tell but you probably have to give it to the Hemi Cuda and the 440 Six-Pack cars, but I am sure that a 429 SCJ Drag Pack Mustang would give them a run for their money.

Back