Custom Tail Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look great Mike. I can't wait to see one in person.

The first official set has been picked up and is on it's way home!

Good luck with them Scott, keep us posted with some install pics!
Will Do O ! Just cleaning up a set of housings to do the transformation..Thanks a bunch & I'm sure the door will work out fine..BTW your car is looking real sweet ! Keep up the good work..
Hey Q, mind if I ask if you are going to use bulbs or make your own LEDs?

They look great Mike. I can't wait to see one in person.

The first official set has been picked up and is on it's way home!

Good luck with them Scott, keep us posted with some install pics!
Will Do O ! Just cleaning up a set of housings to do the transformation..Thanks a bunch & I'm sure the door will work out fine..BTW your car is looking real sweet ! Keep up the good work..
Hey Q, mind if I ask if you are going to use bulbs or make your own LEDs?
J,

What I've decided to do with this set is experiment a tad..I'm going to make a 1/16" or 1/8" red plexiglass backer plate..In the center where the reverse light goes I'm going to inlay a piece of frosted clear..I may actually frost the entire piece..gonna do 2 see which gives a better effect..I think it will give it a more 3d look..as well as hide the housing..As far as bulbs I'm going to try led 1156's & 1157's See how it looks then go from there. O really did a nice job with these..Besides the quality its nice you can play with them tweak them to get a truly personalized look...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just joined this site a few weeks ago, this is my first post. Found this thread and spent the time going thru all 35 pages of your concept and design stages. Your work is out standing.

When you start taking pre-orders, I would like to purchase two sets. Just let me know where to send the money.

Thank you for doing this,

Bru

I just joined this site a few weeks ago, this is my first post. Found this thread and spent the time going thru all 35 pages of your concept and design stages. Your work is out standing.

When you start taking pre-orders, I would like to purchase two sets. Just let me know where to send the money.

Thank you for doing this,

Bru
Welcome to the site! I did get your email regarding the lights as well.

The latest update I got from J last night was that he was waiting on some circuit boards for the LED's. I started to put together a page on my website to order. As soon as its done I'll post a link here.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Just saw your work installed , must be awesome to to your creation come to life. Outstanding work ! :cool:

Just saw your work installed , must be awesome to to your creation come to life. Outstanding work ! :cool:
It is very rewarding to see the last year or so of trial and error finally becoming reality! Q did a great job on his install! Great chance to see that these will be able to roll without the custom LED boards if someone doesn't care for the look or doesn't want to spend the extra $. Q's an innovative dude, I had no doubt handing them over to him that he'd make them look any less than awesome on his car! This is only the beginning! I just have to figure out how to keep up with demand when the time comes :p I'll do my best!

Thanks again for everyone's support and patience with these, I couldn't have done it without the motivation from everyone here and would've given up a long time ago!

The lenses look GREAT and they look AWESOME on Q's car! I think they'll sell like hotcakes and you'll need to get a manufacturer once you get the final design. Maybe even look into getting them carried by mustang parts shops.

Keep up the great work!

Are there any updates on the lights?

You got me hooked big time.

Hey guys, I have yet to get the circuit board I need and it is getting me quite angry because I ordered it just about a month ago. I have all of the LEDs and everything else I need. Sorry to keep you guys waiting, I'll try mocking something up with a few scrap boards I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
These look so BAD! It is too bad that since I have a little one on the way I am now trying to sell my mustang :-(

These look so BAD! It is too bad that since I have a little one on the way I am now trying to sell my mustang :-(
Tough to fault ya on that one, bud!

I wish you could determine a way to hang onto it but I definitely understand.

Place it in the Classifieds section of this site for more exposure to your sale.

About these tailights - a lot of great work has gone into these. J - take the time to do it right. The wait will be VERY worthwhile!

Ray

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back