Custom Upholstery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndOfAnEra

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 project.
image.jpgimage.jpgI just thought I would share a couple of photos of the custom upholstery work that will be put in my grabber lime Mach 1. Fortunately for me, my brother is the owner operator of a local upholstery shop where he specializes in street rods and classics.

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is going to be a real beauty when that interior goes in. Good choice.

Very nice. It's those little things that makes the entire car look so cool when it all comes together. Great work!

Thanks for all the comments! It took us a while to find the green for this but it will be one of a kind. You can check out some of my brothers work at www.route66upholstery.com ... cool stuff.

Your brother got some amazing skills, wish I got the skills to do that.. :p Amazing work on the other cars on his site, but I'm really impressed with the green color, not something you see everyday. I really like that.. :)
Yeah, I watch in amazement when he works. He was a welder/fabricator for 40+ years which wore him out physically. When he retired from that he started the upholstery business with the attitude that it is no different then what he was doing...just lighter material. I guess he's right, cut out patterns, lay them out, stitch them together with precision. You don't see many people doing old school work like this anymore, most simply put "haul on" covers on these days. His work was featured in a car in Rod and Kulture magazine a while back.

I understand hi's situation, that's a hard work sometimes.. I think he have chosen the right way to go, because it looks amazing he's work. No you don't see much of this more, that's a shame, I like the old school way to make interior, nothing beats a custom made interior, that's just nice and then you got something no one else have! :)

That is some very high quality work. If your ever in the North York or Woodbrige area with your car this summer I'd love to see it up close. Send me a PM to let me know when your going to be around then swing by the shop and we'll have a beer.

That is some very high quality work. If your ever in the North York or Woodbrige area with your car this summer I'd love to see it up close. Send me a PM to let me know when your going to be around then swing by the shop and we'll have a beer.
How did you know I like beer? Sounds good!

Pete.

Pete.
Lucky guess.

Is it a running driving car?

Pete.
Lucky guess.

Is it a running driving car?
Not yet, full restoration. I should be driving it this summer.

Back