CW Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@secluff

[ but could be cleaned with a wet cloth. ]

I got same in my 73, very comfortable indeed.

Regarding cleaning, when I've refurbished them I've washed them in my bathtub. You won't believe the juice they gave out and I had to repeat the cleaning many time before they would regain the original avocado color that almost became pleasant to the eye vs the old sad army green before that caused by 2 decades of negligence.

So yes, you can clean them on the surface, which is handy but they do absorb all the dust they can like a filter and when you start you see dust on the lower back, you know the "filter" needs be cleaned/emptied. In that regard the full vinyl ones are more hypoallergenic and you actually can see if the car interior is cleaned often vs seats that absorb the filth and hide it. :)

Fabrice, I bet your glad you were able to get your seat material clean and let the Avocado color shine through once again! In keeping with the Luxury theme Ford had been promoting on the Grande since 1969, the Lambert seat material was much nicer than the cloth used on non Grande models.  

As far as the Comfort Weave material, I wasn't sure a cloth like material that was actually vinyl would work. My 72 Sport was a bucket seat car so that was the only material choice. Glad I was wrong. Keeping in mind that those were my single and very wild days, the cloth like material that could be cleaned like vinyl worked out great in the end.

Any of you folks think back to those days and the "Things" that went on will appreciate my appreciation for that miracle material!     :D

Fabrice, I bet your glad you were able to get your seat material clean and let the Avocado color shine through once again! In keeping with the Luxury theme Ford had been promoting on the Grandé since 1969, the Lambert seat material was much nicer than the cloth used on non Grandé models.  

As far as the Comfort Weave material, I wasn't sure a cloth like material that was actually vinyl would work. My 72 Sport was a bucket seat car so that was the only material choice. Glad I was wrong. Keeping in mind that those were my single and very wild days, the cloth like material that could be cleaned like vinyl worked out great in the end.

Any of you folks think back to those days and the "Things" that went on will appreciate my appreciation for that miracle material!     :D
I'll never tell.  :angel:

Back