D-numbers - Collision Estimating Guide

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 - Q-code auto - Medium Bright Yellow
I wasn't sure where to post this information but while going through some old paperwork, I came across these Collision Estimating Guide sheets. They're a great reference tool for finding out the correst D numbers for that part that you are either looking for or selling.

I wouldn't use the price numbers for anything due to the age of the document but they are good for comparison.

For all that this site has given me in just that past few weeks, I thought I should give something back.

Hope this helps.

Collision Estimating Guide - 88.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 89.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 90.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 91.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 92.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 93.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 94.jpg

Collision Estimating Guide - 95.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info! I'd like to upload these to the site somewhere...maybe under the DATA tab? Rep sent!

ETA: Link added to the DATA tab up top!

What is great about this is the labor (Labour for the Canadians) units assigned to each task. While a bit light from reality, they could be extremely helpful if you are on the short side of a insurance claim on your Mustang. You can always pull this out of your back pocket if the insurance company is short changing you. My strategy would be to do a line by line review of the estimate comparing the labor units, then use this if it is going to help.

If you using this for an insurance claim--understand all refinish times are for "new, undamaged panels". This means if there is any body work, priming and blocking is an additional charge. Additionally, if there is old paint, featheredging, stripping, removing stripes, etc are all extra.

Any idea which estimating guide this is from and if the procedure pages (p-pages) are available as well? Awesome share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great additional information regarding the labor (aka labour) rate issue. However, as I research (aka go through the cr*p) in my home office and come across stuff, I most likely will not know where this came from. This is the case with this piece of info.

Great additional information regarding the labor (aka labour) rate issue. However, as I research (aka go through the cr*p) in my home office and come across stuff, I most likely will not know where this came from. This is the case with this piece of info.
No problem. Simply having the info, even without the "reference source" is a lot better than not having it at all. Again, thanks for sharing it, and please keep it up! :)

Doc

Back