Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brake system arrived today, allways great with new parts! I have been too sloppy the last couple of months but I need to get working on the body again!! But I got the parts which gives some new energy I hope!

I got the Baer 14" disc front and rear with 6 piston calipers. Baer's new version of a master cylinder called "Remaster", it's a really nice unit and cost's 400$ but came with the brake kit for free when you buy a complete system, VERY NICE! I also got the hydroboost kit from Hydratech, looks like some bad ass stuff that can produce some nice braking power! I also got the TinMan subframeconnectors and the safetyloop and some other stuff

IMG_2792.JPG

A picture more of the brakes behind the wheel, remember that the wheels are 19", so crazy how big they really are :D (Look at page 32 for a picture with me together with the wheels/brakes, I'm just happy) :D

IMG_2789.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy it's crazy how nice that set up is going to look and perform. Great choices.

Buddy it's crazy how nice that set up is going to look and perform. Great choices.
Thanks a lot buddy! I cant wait to try it when the car hits the road, I think it will perform like crazy. The guy in Finland are also started on the engine build, so I think the brakes are a great choice to match that engine :D

Worked a little on the spindlers. My girlfriend sandblasted them and then I grinded down the old failures from when they were produced, I hope you can see the diffence. I really like them, I know that no one is never gonna see it, but I know they are there haha :D

IMG_2822.JPG

Got the rotisserie back and got the car up in it! Makes all the work under the car much easier! Here is a quick mock up of the TinMan subframeconnectors and the safety loop, I think that will give the car some extra strenght! :)

IMG_2828.JPG

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D

IMG_2929.JPG

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D

Sweet pick up! I looked at doing the TKO swap when my FMX went out, it was going to cost something like $4k in parts alone for that and the manual swap.

So FMX was rebuilt. Sometimes you just can't talk the wife into things haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I cant wait to try it, it's gonna sound so sweet with a manual transmission :D

Haha you are right, that's why I dont tell my girlfriend anything :D Does it cost that much to do a swap like that? I was so lucky to only paying something like 2200$ for my setup :)

Thanks! I cant wait to try it, it's gonna sound so sweet with a manual transmission :D

Haha you are right, that's why I dont tell my girlfriend anything :D Does it cost that much to do a swap like that? I was so lucky to only paying something like 2200$ for my setup :)

Modern Driveline quoted me that said with the torque of the 351c a T5 wouldn't cut it.

Their kit come with everything you need crossmember etc....

Modern Driveline quoted me that said with the torque of the 351c a T5 wouldn't cut it.

Their kit come with everything you need crossmember etc....

No I think it's rated for 300 ft/lbs or so, the tko500/600 would be a good choice :) My setup is not complete for that price, I still need clutch kit, bellhousing, flywheel, crossmember and a few other parts :)

Began to sandblast the car today! My plan is to get the whole car blasted so I can get the underside and engine bay cleaned and welded and modified as I want it. Next sted from there will be to get it all painted and the same for all the suspension parts and the 9" rearend. Then I can get everything assembled and get the car on the ground with the wheels on to see how the stance and everything else are looking. After that I will focus on the exterior of the body! It sounds like the right way to do it, what do you guys think of that? :)

IMG_2961.JPG

I think the underside of your car is cleaner than the top side of any of mine!

Your plan makes sense to me. I always thought thebest way was to complete the car and road test it and get everything to your liking, then blow it back apart and paint and finish any body work.

That looks excellent ! With all the attention to detail on the older surfaces plus the sweet new parts you've accumulated, it's going to be a beast ! Once you nail the stance you will finally see the fruit of all your hard work looking mean and starring back at you

Latest posts

Back