Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Creator 526

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeehaaaaaaa! The shortblock arrived today and wow it looks good! This is the beginning to something good! Cant wait to get the other parts, I just need to collect some more money and then we go.. :-D

But until then, I can start with the block, I need to paint it in another color..

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the color the shortblock is going to be.. Really beautiful color in real life! It's mixed together by some different colors I had left from other things I've paintet in the past and think it ended up very well.. :)

I mixed the color today and hope to paint the block in this weekend :)

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

The shortblock is now paintet, I did in a couple of hours and I am happy with the result.. I like the gray metallic color, it gives it a more modern look I think.

Here are some pictures of before, with primer and with paint and clear on :)

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Haha, glad to hear, I'm not the only one who is crazy.. I just can't control it when I get started, I love it! Next step is to get the Milodon oil pan paintet, because the gold galvanized color it has, does not match any more.. :D

By the way, it sounds like a cool engine project! Do you have some pictures of the engine? :)

yep, there is a whole thread (which I need to update) http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-engine-build-thread-new-pictures

Valve covers and PCV system have changed a bit, doing some additional wiring clean up and I need to pull the oil pan and replace the rear main seal as it is leaking. I had hoped it would stop, but it appears it will only stop if I run out of oil ;)

Word to the wise-don't expect a 600 horsepower high revving small block to hook up with a manual transmission, 3.89 gears and street tires without heavy suspension modification-even then you'll probably be disappointed. :D

That engine looks cool to! Beautiful work..

Aaah that's not good, I hope you get it fixed :)

No I don't expect that much, I think 450-475 hp should be my plan at the flywheel.. We will see when it's done.. Have you dynoed your engine yet?

Is the 3.89 gear ratio a good choice with manual transmission? :)

Yeeeah, finally made some progress today. I have been working on the taillights and think it went out really good! They are not finished yet, still need some finish on the pieces and need to weld them to the body. The taillights are now bigger than the factory, but I really like how it looks!

Here are some pictures of the progress. Hope you like it! :)

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

More pictures

Sorry for writing "more pictures" every time I add a picture, but I can't change the file name on them on my phone so I can add more pictures at the same time. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see you put your kids to work early. I spent several days at a Motorcycle rally in Silkeborg and had a great time. Looks like you have a family of Mustang fans. Look forward to seeing the finished product. You must own an oil well because gas over there is quite pricey. I like top shelf restomods. Far from a purist myself.

I see you put your kids to work early. I spent several days at a Motorcycle rally in Silkeborg and had a great time. Looks like you have a family of Mustang fans. Look forward to seeing the finished product. You must own an oil well because gas over there is quite pricey. I like top shelf restomods. Far from a purist myself.
Yes I do, my youngest kid you see in picture are just one and a half year old and totally in love with cars, it makes me so happy to see him trying to do something with a tool.. :) We love Mustangs for sure, on the last picture is my dads 71 Mach 1 and in front of mine is a friend of the familys Mustang. My dad has repaired it for rust, paintet the engine bay and engine and transmission.

The gas prices are just so pricey, that is not funny at all with this hobby :D

Were you on a vacation, or do you have some family here? Silkeborg is not far from me, I think it's a hour away :)

And a picture of the engine bay in the 1965 Mustang :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

I worked in Europe from 86 to 99. Had a great time there. Had two 65's over the last 10 years and now I have a 72 mach1. Drove an 87 Mustang GT while I was there and wish my Mach had the engine and the drivetrain from that car. That car would do 160 mph on a good day and do 140 in fifth at 3600 rpm's on the Autobahn. I am still learning about this one. Looks like a great project and a great shop to get it done.

6572_1138388912208_1774574_n.jpg

Sounds cool, but that was a long time from home.. :) What engine was in that 87 mustang? Sounds to be really fast.. That is a cool 65 Mustang, love the color and wheels!

Yes it is a nice garage to work in, it's great with so much room for the cars. My dad build it for 6 years ago, there are heat in the floors and just everything you need.. :)

Latest posts

Back