Danish Mustang “Pro-Touring" project - Dominator 526

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Mikes73

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
That is going to be real cool, diggin' the dare to be different aproach. Looking forward to more updates.

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
That is going to be real cool, diggin' the dare to be different aproach. Looking forward to more updates.
I really hope that, but thank you! I hope to have some more updates real soon.. The car has no rust at all. So right now I am only working on the modifications. I also have to fix some of the sheetmetal, some people have tried to repair it for rust, but this is not done as perfect as I want it, I'll post some pictures of it soon :)

DK73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Hej det må vi se til;-) Men lige pt er jeg fyldt op med min egen MustangB-) Men ses det skal vi;-) Regards Lars

Regards DK73

DK73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Jbojo Yes your more then welcome too see My Ride and mee off cause:-D Just looking forward to meet You Sir;-) Regards Lars DK73 Denmark

Regards DK73

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Hej det må vi se til;-) Men lige pt er jeg fyldt op med min egen MustangB-) Men ses det skal vi;-) Regards Lars

Regards DK73
Det lyder godt, vi finder en dag :)

Wow, really nice work and this will be a super car. Hopefully I will be able to see it next summer while I am in Denmark.
Thanks! I hope it will, but damn it is expensive to build a car like this.. :D Yeah I hope so, it could be nice to meet you.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My Car
I am Currently restomoding a 71 Fastback. I designed a wide-body kit for the rear of the car and a more aggressive front nose. The back of the car is 6 inches wider than stock to accommodate the 315 on 12 inch rims.
Looks like a lot of work but worth it. Nice updated look to the tail lights. Noticed you have two of these beautiful cars in your shop.

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Looks like a lot of work but worth it. Nice updated look to the tail lights. Noticed you have two of these beautiful cars in your shop.
Actually I just spent 2 hours to make the panels to put in the taillights, but okay, I was working fast to finish it because I could'nt wait to see how it was looking on the car.. :D I really hope it will look good when I'm finished with it, the taillights are bigger than the factory now, because the bezel around the factory taillights are gone.. I think it will look good when they are bigger.. I will try to weld them in this week.. I'm of work so I have enought time to work on the car :)

The other one you see is my dads, which he also is working on right now :)

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Finally! The taillight panel is allmost done with the re-designed taillights. I think it ended up very well and I really like how it looks. Right now it is a little bit difficult to see how it will look when it is finished, because the car is not assembled yet..

But damn, what a hard work to grind down those weldings and make it look good!

After I finished up the weldings, I added a layer of epoxy to the bare metal..

I hope you like it.. :)

IMG_0289[1].JPG

IMG_0290[1].JPG

IMG_0291[1].JPG

IMG_0292[1].JPG

IMG_0293[1].JPG

IMG_0294[1].JPG

IMG_0297[1].JPG

IMG_0299[1].JPG

IMG_0300[1].JPG

71_resurrection

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
She is named Victoria and sports a 302 with a C4.
The epoxy really gives a good detail under the light and let's us know what it will look like in paint. Excellent work my friend! Can't wait to see some lights behind it!

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the kind words! This is my first custom made thing I've done by my self, so I am still learning, but it is getting better for each time.. Can't wait to get started on some new mods! :)

protouringstang73

VIP Members
Reaction score
Today I pullet out the front windshield and discovered a area under it with some rust and even holes! So glad that I found it! So I started to mark the area I want to cut out with some masking tape and then cut the first area out. I hope to get this done in this weekend.

I think I will try to get all the rust areas/damaged sheet metal done before I go any further with the mods on this car!

IMG_0331[1].JPG

IMG_0332[1].JPG

IMG_0333[1].JPG

And look what arrived today! A pair of hoodpins from RingBrothers in black finish.. Damn what a good looking product, really nice quality.. Can't wait to fit these into my hood.. :D

IMG_0329[1].JPG

IMG_0330[1].JPG