Data door tag help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Guys, I got my standard marti yonks ago, but I've always had no door data tag. I'm going to order one from marti. (My car is a different colour from birth, so I blame the PO).

Is there any other "metal" tags anywhere on a 71 Mach1? (other than the vin of course)

eg: none of the cowl? (I hope not! When I did the engine bay/cowl back to metal, I found no suspicious holes?)

catch

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I might order that also with the door data tag. I know there's nothing there because the whole front end was dismantled, including every bolt, to be cleaned and painted when I did the big engine bay/engine upgrade.

(I remember taking something like a buck tag off the tranny, but it was an fmx, so not original anyway.)

Ta.

Jim

When you do order the new door tag one thing that Marti has no record of is the original GVW on the sticker. So you might want to find a similar equipped car to get the numbers off. Each was different depending on options the car had. On your Marti was it a two digit DSO or six digit DSO?

Back