Day trip to Myrtle Beach to check damage.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Yesterday was first day main road to Myrtle Beach was open and only two lanes, one each direction. Conway was area with issues. They had lots of flooding and National Guard and lots of law enforcement out for sure.

If you have ever gone to Myrtle Beach you pass through Conway. There is a big cooling lake for a power station that you cross. That was where the roads had been closed since the hurricane. Could not believe the amount of sand bags that they had stacked along the road as high as 7 feet in places. They went all the way across the lake area. Here are some pics.

There was nothing damaged at the Ocean Lakes Campground. My friend has a permanent site there and was worried that something might have been damaged. The campground was fine and most spaces down by the ocean front were packed with campers.

No beach damage at all. Was in the 80's temp wise. No trees down and no damage to buildings. Just all the rain had flooded the swamp areas and was still flooded.

We went down to Murrells Inlet and had lunch and back. over 700 miles so I was beat.

Back