Decor group molding set on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Q-code convertible
Good to see... now I wish someone would reproduce the upper/lower chrome trim (two piece) for the non Mach1 rear blackout appliqué at the gas cap. You can easily find the pieces for the Mach 1 gas cap (I have a brand new set), but the easier to reproduce standard gas cap set, nothing... The search continues.

For the people with missing decor molding parts or wishing to install a complete set of decor molding.

The seller sells some of the parts separate as well...

1971/1972 Decor group molding set. Not cheap but new (reproduction). I've ordered 1 set from this seller before and the protective packaging was perfect so you don't have to worry with (international) postage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1973-MUSTANG-MACH-1-BOSS-351-DECOR-GROUP-MOLDING-SET-10-PC-MADE-IN-USA-/311777841993?vxp=mtr
Your description of 71/72 is correct, but their listing is wrong including 73. The difference is the two short front pieces that are different on the 73 because of the different bumper. The other 8 pieces do work on the 73.

I'll start by saying no, I'm not on Don's payroll as a salesman! (Lol) But before you spend almost $400 on this molding I would check with him to see what he knows about this offering. There was a set offered by NPD at one time that was as expensive and was paper thin and about near junk as the repo rear window moldings. If this is indeed a new and improved offering actually made in the US then it may be worth the price. My red Mach1 (Money Pit#2) sure could use a set! I do like how the ad closes by saying "THIS IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE ORIGINAL MOLDINGS ISSUED BY CHRYSLER"!

I'll start by saying no, I'm not on Don's payroll as a salesman! (Lol) But before you spend almost $400 on this molding I would check with him to see what he knows about this offering. There was a set offered by NPD at one time that was as expensive and was paper thin and about near junk as the repo rear window moldings. If this is indeed a new and improved offering actually made in the US then it may be worth the price. My red Mach1 (Money Pit#2) sure could use a set! I do like how the ad closes by saying "THIS IS AN EXACT COPY OF THE ORIGINAL MOLDINGS ISSUED BY CHRYSLER"!
This is the same guy who has made them on and off for several years

He mainly makes mopar parts.

Someone on ebay has a couple of quarter panel and fender moldings - they say are NOS for OK money

Good to see... now I wish someone would reproduce the upper/lower chrome trim (two piece) for the non Mach1 rear blackout appliqué at the gas cap. You can easily find the pieces for the Mach 1 gas cap (I have a brand new set), but the easier to reproduce standard gas cap set, nothing... The search continues.
Ken, unfortunately the non Mach1 moldings were slow sellers and didn't stay in the parts system as long as the ones for the honeycomb panel. Everyone wanted the look with the Mach1 panel and fuel cap, so those moldings were a very good seller for years.

I searched by part number and found a couple of possibilities. I don't have a lot of business experience with them since there was a dedicated locator system I used that was just for dealers. So I don't know how accurate their inventory is.

The upper molding is D1ZZ-65423A82-A http://www.rearcounter.com/D1ZZ-65423A82-A-parts382165.html

The lower molding is D1ZZ-65423A84-A http://www.rearcounter.com/D1ZZ-65423A84-A-parts438932.html

At least there is contact info and some quantity showing at the different venders.

Hopefully they will at least have one good set you can use. Good luck!

And the ad incorrectly mentions Boss 351's.

Not correct for ANY 1971 or 1972 Mustang originally equipped with side stripes!

Ray

Back