Deluxe door panel conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blorpcandy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Hey all -

I recently bought a 1973 mustang mach 1. It came installed with the standard three button door panel. I want to change it out for the deluxe woodgrain panels, but I'm not sure if I have to modify any clips/handles/locations of anything, etc. I want to know If I can simply put the new panel on and everything will line back up, or if I need to change anything.

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

Hey all -

I recently bought a 1973 mustang mach 1. It came installed with the standard three button door panel. I want to change it out for the deluxe woodgrain panels, but I'm not sure if I have to modify any clips/handles/locations of anything, etc. I want to know If I can simply put the new panel on and everything will line back up, or if I need to change anything.

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler
You need those parts an maybe others:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all -

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

I will get the woodgrain inserts, and the door handle latches are already in. I just want to know if they need to be moved anywhere different to accommodate the deluxe door panel

Hey all -

Thanks for your input!

~Tyler

I will get the woodgrain inserts, and the door handle latches are already in. I just want to know if they need to be moved anywhere different to accommodate the deluxe door panel
inside latch and pulls or different !!

+1 Iyman - imusa76

I don't think you have to change anything, it should all line right up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latches and chrome handles are different

The deluxe latches drop the handle mounting hole down

Don

Would that be something I would have to re-drill, or is there already a hole there?

Thanks Don!

I just did this to mine. The only difference is the handles them selves as stated. But the delux handles will not bolt on to the inside latch. I made an extension for mine to lower the handle to the opening and fastened it to the hole that the standard handle used. Looks and works right. Otherwise you have to tear the latch out to install a delux latch. As far as the delux parts for the panels (wood grain , trim and etc. ) I have an extra set of them just missing one door pull.

Back