• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Deluxe interior dash cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrousVa

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hello, I have a deluxe interior dash cover that has the seat belt reminder, I'm looking for one that doesn't have the seat belt light.

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

I think that I read somewhere that the law changed effective 1/1/72 and that all cars produced after that date had to have it.

Jeff

That is correct, in early January 72 is when they all have the seat belt light.

sent deom my Samsung SIII via TapTalk

Hello, I have a deluxe interior dash cover that has the seat belt reminder, I'm looking for one that doesn't have the seat belt light.
I have new ones

might have a used ones but they usually have faded chrome issues

Don

Item #FM-BI009BR

71 DASH TRIM PANEL, DELUXE

Black camera case finish with chrome trim. Without Fasten Seat Belt cut out. Reproduction. Right hand dash glove box door surround. Price: $69.95

how exactly do those things work? do they just stay on? or is there a sensor of some kind??
There are sensors that detect if your seat belt is buckled if there is weight on the seat. Besides the light, there is an annoying buzzer, like the ignition key buzzer, that buzzes too.

how exactly do those things work? do they just stay on? or is there a sensor of some kind??
There are sensors that detect if your seat belt is buckled if there is weight on the seat. Besides the light, there is an annoying buzzer, like the ignition key buzzer, that buzzes too.
Glad I have a 71 for that reason alone

Better a buzzer than a starter kill. My 74 had a seat pressure switch combined with a switch assembly under the hood that prevented the car from starting unless the seat belt was used.

Better a buzzer than a starter kill. My 74 had a seat pressure switch combined with a switch assembly under the hood that prevented the car from starting unless the seat belt was used.
I have never heard that one before

I have never heard that one before
Government regulation that lasted all of 6 months. Affected most early/mid 1974 production vehicles.

-Kurt
Government forcing their will on the people. I think it's just stupid to MAKE people wear a seatbelt in a car, but you can ride a motorcycle in shorts, no shirt, shoes, and no helmet...what the hell is wrong with that? of coarse that's just Arkansas law, I know other states require a helmet. And to add to the insult, there is no motor vehicle inspection...you would not believe the junk sputtering down the roads here with busted windshields, lights out, and parts dragging the highways.

yep legally disconnected. Was a starting problem when first bought the car. Three shops couldn't find the problem. I had to use the key and jumper button. I found the problem pretty easily myself. Dad had a hard time living that down.:)

Back