Diamonds are Forever - James Bond

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
1971 Mustang in the James Bond 007 movie, Diamonds are Forever.

There was always the myth that the car  went into the Alleyway on the RHS two wheels and then came out on the LHS two wheels but when they show the onboard clip you can see they make a transition change from one side to the other.

That area is now no longer a road (its now a public paved area),   But I did get to Drive down it when it was still a road.   Trying to work out which unlit hotel that was behind the white barriers at the end of the strip?

There was always the myth that the car  went into the Alleyway on the RHS two wheels and then came out on the LHS two wheels but when they show the onboard clip you can see they make a transition change from one side to the other.

That area is now no longer a road (its now a public paved area),   But I did get to Drive down it when it was still a road.   Trying to work out which unlit hotel that was behind the white barriers at the end of the strip?
I definately think that the clip was a bit of a miss for production. And if there was enough room for him to go down back onto all 4 then it brings up 2 other questions. How did he get it back up onto the other 2 so easily in an alley, and if he could drive on all 4 why wouldnt he have just driven through on all 4(besides *because Bond*). But that said, I always had an extra special spot for this movie because of the car in it. 

Remember, It's NOT a documentary

This topic has been discussed and researched extensively a few years ago on this very site.  Search for "DAF"  If I remember correctly cudak888 was the member who really dug deep.   He has some detailed writings listed on the "In Search of Mustangs" website too.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a classic Mustang movie. I remember watching that as a kid and thinking that was cool as hell. Who would have known fast forward 40 plus years and I'm driving the bond car. #Winning

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

9ffe20f8fb38f7898ac11c0f4223ba4a.jpg

It was too much hassle to re-shoot that scene so they left it as is.  Yes that transition scene in the alley is a hoot.  They didn't expect people to be analyzing the movie 49 years later, just like Ford didn't expect people to be restoring and driving these cars 49 years later.  lol  You were supposed to drive your new car a few years, and then trade it or junk it and buy a new one.  As for the movie, you saw it once or twice at the theater for dirt cheap prices, and then a few years later the edited version would appear on late night tv.  I remember renting these movies on VHS around the end of the 1970's.  That's when you could really begin spotting little production errors in the film.  Man does Sean Connery have some massive eyebrows in this film.  ;)  And this film was when they really picked up on the somewhat comedic approach to the character, which continued with the Roger Moore films.  Love it, just watched the entire movie around a month ago.

One thing I love about this clip is the yellow four door sedan with the dog dish hub caps and matching yellow steel wheels (the car that slams on its brakes when the cop car pulls it front of it right before the chase begins). In almost every scene on the strip it makes an appearance. They must pass it 4 or 5 times!

Back