Did 71-73 Mustangs come with factory seat track shims ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoagie Ranch

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MUSTANG MACH 1 429 SCJ
I just replaced my carpet and I don't want to rip the new carpet sliding my seat Back and forth . I did not see any shims when I removed my seats. Did our cars originally come with shims? I can't find any original shims on ebay for 71-73 , just the older stangs. I'm wondering if we need them at all ? Anyone out there used shims for their car?

On my 73 there were original shims in the two back mounts of each seats, the front had not.
Thanks for your response. Do you remember if your shims were Flat or did they have a curved end. All the ones I have seen on ebay have a curved end. Seems to me that due to the big drop from the seat platform to rear floor a all flat shim would be better

You're welcome!

The shims were lightly curved towards the middle all their length and the end has a little up-curve too. You lightly bolt on the back screws on the seat track, then slide the shims in, then tighten it to specs.

Edit: it looks like this. Ask Motorcity Mike or Ohio Don, they surely have some!

Attachments

• 1531255477_u.jpg
    1531255477_u.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back