Dirty Dodges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have a low rust/lots of dents '71 sportsroof.
The BOSS pointed out that her Dodge was looking a little too dirty. "Feel free to wash yours after you finish mine." Better than other tasks I might have been given.

DSCN6039.jpg

DSCN6176.jpg

DSCN6093.jpg

DSCN6206.jpg

DSCN6052.jpg

Hope you worked up a sweat.
It was in the mid fifties and I keep taking off and then putting back on a jacket. Jacket on = sweating. Jacket off = cold. Not complaining though. The worst day cleaning the Dodge boys beats the best day working.

I think you need to plan that trip to the US while gas is cheap here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep may have too 1 day. Could be bad news for you mate as I wouldn't mind looking in your shed if I ever made it to the US. We have similar taste in cars especially those sweet old school paint jobs on your Vettes and that wicked roadster, it don't hurt that they have some heat either.

Yep may have too 1 day. Could be bad news for you mate as I wouldn't mind looking in your shed if I ever made it to the US. We have similar taste in cars especially those sweet old school paint jobs on your Vettes and that wicked roadster, it don't hurt that they have some heat either.
Besides tire smoke there's be some smoke from tossing a little lead around.

Man I bet those are fun to cruise

Yep. The neat thing about them is how well they behave in ordinary situations. The torque comes on very early and smoothly. Six gear at 1200 rpm and the engine is happy as a clam (not sure how happy clams are but I've heard that they're pretty happy). I think they disguise their performance because of their smooth power curve. Power builds but you never feel a big hit like a small engine with a big cam. The magazines had numbers all over the place but friends with stock GEN II cars had no trouble breaking into the elevens. Best I've seen was 11.7 @ 117 for a stock 2000. Not stellar but when the GEN IIs came out 19 years ago that was pretty good. Plus there's the ties to Shelby :)

That's very interesting I watched a Viper GTS at the track at a all Mopar open track event . first run 12.7 it was down to 12.01 by about the 5th 6th run after he had worked out the launch a bit. It sure did make up for its clearly poor launches on stock rubber over the top of the track, it just pulled like a demon from 1/2 track in a most impressive way. So what you have stated marries up with what I was thinking.: cool:

I guess that they are pretty high geared for some very long legs:)

I think the gearing is for emissions and fuel economy. First is 2.66, fifth .75 and sixth is .50. Out back is a 3.07 ring and pinion. Top speed (186 was at the low end of claimed top speeds back when they came out) is achieved in fifth at redline. My friends who've modified them say that you can go to a higher (numerically) R& P and and raise the top speed by having a usable sixth.

Back