Disaster today with my Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy sh*t!! That is nuts. Good luck with getting it back together. My brother has hagerty on his 67 mustang and a branch fell on it at a family reunion and they treated him and his car like gold. You must be some kind of zen master to have not choked that man to death!!! My hats off to you!

Oh, I was angry when it happened but hey, I also realize accidents happen. In the past I usually drove it onto the lift. Honestly, I can't say why I didn't do it this time. I have used this shop for 8 years, mostly for new exhaust systems. They have always done good work and are nice. They are all Vietnamese. The guy that drove it up looked to be in his 60s and doesn't speak English. So, no use getting on him. I am sure he was traumatized himself as well as the guy in front of the car directing him onto the lift. He dove out of the way, thank God.

Here in Louisiana we have radically different law then the rest of the country, we are napoleanic code. But, ultimately, it will be Hagertys' job to redeem their loss. She did tell me that my premiums will NOT go up. I brought it back to the shop that painted it and they were just as crushed as I was. However, they know the car inside and out and they do a lot of work on classic cars, so she is in good hands.

While I was typing this, the appraiser Hagherty contracted just called me. He is going to look at the car today. I talked to him for a bit and found out he used to own a 69 fastback, a 71 Mustang, and has a 32 "Duece". So, I am thrilled. He knows these cars well and knows the value of them and will probably give me a great appraisal (fingers crossed). So, no newbie who doesn't know classics. This is a great step in a great direction.

Damn! That Royally Sucks! Hopefully Hagerty takes care of you and your bodyshop can bring it back to what it was. It espcially hurts when you just get all that work done to it just to get it all banged up! Been there Done That!!

Man that really sucks, I wish you the best of luck and hope it gets fixed soon

Bugger, Thats a real sad thing to hear about, good tho If you can get him fixed better than new, I'ts a really shitty feeling when things like this happen, I had the rear bearings and brakes done on my Bronco, 1984 351c 4spd, and on the way home travelling at about 70kph the left hand rear tyre parted company with the car, The pricks didn't do the wheel nuts up, It's proberly the worst sound you can hear, That of crunching metal/steel of your own car.

I'm really sorry to hear this news. All the best for getting the car restored to it's correct condition. Everyone I know who has had a claim through Hagerty has been pleased.

I'm with the others... I'd want to hurt someone!

Last edited by a moderator:
that really sucks!!!, I don't know how you could have stayed calm through that!!!.

I really like to see how Haggarty handls this, I have regular Ins on my car, I keep looking but I hear so many horror stories.

I sure hated to hear about this. But now I share in the interest to see just how Haggarty Insurance treats you.

You might let them know that many of us are closely monitoring your progress through this unfortunate situation.

Some might actually be taking notes! LOL

23wpr14.jpg

Ray

when I was 13 ..... my 6'1" 240 lb mad at the world, just got back from Nam brother just got his 66 out of paint. Stopped by a friends house to show off the Sthaaang. He parked it in front of their drive...on a hill.....it was a 4spd........ the wife needed to leave, told ME to back it up. To this day i know i thought through EACH step carefully before i started the car.

When I started the car...my left leg was shaking like I had some nervous condition( i did). put her in reverse ....let out the clutch carefully and SLAMMED THE THROTTLEE THROUGH THE FLOOR ....sending said repainted Mhhhoosstang backwards up the hill through the ditch scrapping the mailbox and stopping on a stump in the mans yard.............

I ran....... like a wild pony through the wind.......

Hagerty was great to work with on both occasions we had to work with them on my wife's 66 Mustang. The insurance did not go up after the first accident (she took out 5 mailboxes on a slick road) but did go up a little when the hood blew up on her.

jeez you see vids of stuff like that on youtube and those "most shocking" TV shows. Sorry to hear it but glad you had it covered (and that you weren't in it)

I guess that'll be one hell of a story to tell people at shows later once it's fixed/done

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys. The appraiser saw the car on Thursday, So all I am waiting on now is to hear from the insurance company about the next step. I will definitely keep y'all updated through every step of the process.

What kills me is that this upcoming weekend we have a Dukes of Hazard reunion/car show. My car was going to be in it. It will have all of the original actors from the original show and one of the original Gen. Lee's will be there. Oh well, that's life I guess.

Wow sorry to hear about that man. Hope everything goes well!

Thats just awful,,,, hope it turns out well for ya,,, on a side note Last month one of the Janitors here at work was throwing rocks a a wasp nest and managed to brake the windshield and dent the hood in my Tundra,,,, no where the damage of your car though,,, I was mad enough at my guy,,, had it been my 73 stang I would have been much worse!!!!!

Back