Dodged a bullet or should I say blade yesterday.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have a pretty big garden and decided I would attack some of the weeds around my grape vines. I went to garage and got hedge trimming shears, wire brushed them filed them sharpened, oiled and got started. It had cooled off was just in the 70's all day yesterday actually set an all time low record locally for the date of 41 deg. F.

So the shifty guy that stabbed me was me, lol. That is the third time in my life I have cut myself. I had the shears, about 8" blade length in my right hand and was pulling weeds with my left hand. Something let loose and before I could stop my left arm it had the shears sticking in my arm about 4" above my wrist. I had gloves on but not that long. So I hatted to look but did. Went to the bone but only about 3/4" wide but somehow missed all the main vessels. So I head in wash it, pour peroxide over it and then bentadine. Put a bandage on got some ice and lay on the couch for couple hours. 

Well nobody is going to come finish the job so I go back out and work a couple hours and finish and by then blood is pouring out. So I figure that is good to wash out all the rust and crud, lol.

So I go back in and take a shower, clean the wound again and put new bandage on. A big knot has came up next to the cut. I hold ice on it again and decide to head to pharmacy to get more bandages. I had to go into pharmacy with hand full of tissue held on my arm and by the time I got to cash register I was dripping again. I thought the cashier and couple other customers were going to pass out, lol. 

Well I get home and knot is larger so I get a friend to go with me to Critical Care center close to me. Go right in no wait and PA comes in and squeezed the knot and more blood gushes. They gave me a tetanus shot flushed it out a couple times with saline and syringe and put some strips across the cut said since 5 hours after cut no stitches. 

It was throbbing for a while but feels ok today. 

Going to head to my friends shop he is releasing the 69 HO Firebird that he just spent over a year on rebuild for customer. Hope to get some good pics. Another of those 6 figure cars you could sell for maybe $40,000. 

So watch out for those shifty guys with sharp tools they are out to get you.

I believe you did not dodge that blade fast enough, my friend.

And where are the gory pictures? You know that it didn't happen without peek-chures...

Back