Does anyone know if a 69-70 knob

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang sportsroof - 351c 2v - fmx trans.
Hello folks, does anyone know if a 69-70 head light knob and shaft will work on our cars? mine has the chrome peeling off of it and can't find anything being reproduced for our 71-73 cars.

thanks

No, it's not right.

You can use one, but you need to remove the shaft from the new one and put the shaft from your car in it.

Heat the new shaft up a little and remove it from the head. Do the same with your old knob. Put your old shaft in the new head. If it's too loose, put a little epoxy inside the new knob and glue in your shaft. Make sure it sticks out the same amount as it did when it was in your original knob.

Greg

I dont remember if astheticaly are the same... What did happen to me was with radio knobs, i believe it was fot my 70 hardtop... I bought a set of new repro knobs and they turned to be considerably smaller than the original ones...

They look the same but 25% smaller in diameter...

I think if the 69 70 know looks the same as the 71 73, the procedure Greg said is the way to go!

From catalog pictures I've seen the 69-70 look pretty darn close to the 71-73 headlight knob, why dont have these available aftermarket?
When you put them side by side they are different

Back