Don Fezell 429 SCJ drag car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Did anyone see what the Don Fezell 1971 429 SCJ car sold for at the Mecum auction in Florida the other day? Had 193 miles on it former SS/E U.S. Nationals winner in NHRA. The steering wheel looks a little rough for 193 miles, lol.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-269804/1971-ford-mustang-fastback/

I do not know how to get to the selling prices on their web page. They had hoped for $60,000 - $75,000.

Some guys on the Facebook page said it was raced later than was stated in the write up.

Just imagine if it was an all original 71 429 with that mileage. I wonder what it would have gone for then?

Seems like cheap money for that car all things considered.

$70,000.00 + fees according to the Mecum site. Chuck
Chuck,

How did you see the selling price? I did not see anything under the car listings?
I'm registered on the Mecum site. It is easy to register and the login is just your email. The search box is in the upper right after you register. Buyer fees are 10% of the gavel price. So, the buyer paid $77,000.00 and the seller paid a good bit for the slot. I think it is called getting someone coming and going. Chuck

Back