Donor found

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newold

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
After tearing my first 71 down I determined the shell was to bad and didn’t make sense to repair. So after a few years of looking, deals falling through, some my fault some others, I finally found a good donor. I’m making it what I want so I didn’t need numbers matching. Not perfect but don’t need to be Now the fun begins again.

IMG_1084.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1507.JPGIMG_1505.JPGIMG_1503.JPGIMG_1504.JPGIMG_1502.JPGIMG_1093.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the new body, waddaya gonna do with the old body?

Not sure yet. I guess I’ll have to see what’s left after I swap out parts. You interested?

Finally got everything in one place. Next is to put it on a rotisserie IMG_1846.JPGIMG_1847.JPG

Looks like someone did a lot of panel replacement.

Might be a good idea to do some measuring to see if they got the chassis all twisted and just gave up on the build. Have looked at a couple that were that way.

Get copy of the chassis measurements and do some quick checks. Should be on here just pull it up I think in fun stuff or do a search.

It doesn't look like it, I can only insert images, can't attach files. I'm on my tablet now, when I get to my computer I'll convert the PDFs to JPGs so I can insert them.

Got it on the rotisserie today. Slow process. Not much extra time to work on it. I did notice one thing today. After getting my original car back after storing for 3 years it has a fold down rear seat and my donor shell didn’t have one. Haven’t looked into it a lot but from what I’ve read they are kind of a bitch to switch over. Not sure what to do yet. IMG_2189.jpgIMG_2191.jpg

Keep in mind that the rotisserie should not be used to fit or replace any panels. The body flexes too much and nothing will line up when on the wheels. You can put suspension stuff back on and put back on floor do panel replace and fit then back to rotisserie to sand prime and paint would be normal.

Went and looked at pic on rotis. How is it mounted in the rear? Usually use the rear spring mount area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the rotisserie should not be used to fit or replace any panels. The body flexes too much and nothing will line up when on the wheels. You can put suspension stuff back on and put back on floor do panel replace and fit then back to rotisserie to sand prime and paint would be normal.

Went and looked at pic on rotis. How is it mounted in the rear? Usually use the rear spring mount area.

Thank you Carolina,not sure your name, Ya I really just want to get things cleaned up,sanded. What to make and fit frame connectors so they are ready to go. It don’t need much other than the very bottoms of the quarters. Both sides.

Right now I have it mounted on the rear bumper mount holes. Looked at the spring mount but could only find a place to put 1 bolt. Just thought there was potential for more movement with one bolt. Right now I’m just rotating it to work on it then it gets set back on the cart. Thoughts???

Thank you Carolina,not sure your name,    Ya I really just want to get things cleaned up,sanded. What to make and fit frame connectors so they are ready to go. It don’t need much other than the very bottoms of the quarters. Both sides.

Right now I have it mounted on the rear bumper mount holes. Looked at the spring mount but could only find a place to put 1 bolt.  Just thought there was potential for more movement with one bolt. Right now I’m just rotating it to work on it then it gets set back on the cart.  Thoughts???  

Just did not want you to start cutting with it suspended that way. Even a pretty rust free car bends just that darn gravity works every time.

Made the decision today to have a body man come over and check out what I have to work with. Although it don’t need much but some labor to clean up areas and some patch work I decided to take the plunge and replace both rear quarters and do it right and not just patch. I get impatient/lazy doing some stuff myself and I’m old enough to know my strengths and weaknesses. So the shell goes to him next month to do it right while I work on removing and cleaning other parts working on engine, suspension, interior.

Back