Door Tag Decal with VIN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
When I had my 73 Convertible repainted I had the body shop remove the door tag with the VIN number and other data. I just received a duplicate from Marti Auto Works and am ready to put it on the door. In looking at some old pics I took of the tag/decal it is positioned at a slant. I'm curious how everyone else's is installed on the door. They probably just slapped on quickly at the factory without any template.

So post up pictures of yours so we can compare. I'm trying to decide to reinstall at a slant or try and level it.

DSCF4356.jpg

DSCF4358.jpg

No worries Mike....I would bet you that the guy that put your sticker on was leaning over and not looking at the end of the door square on.

Did you notice the difference in the vehicle weights between your car and mine?

Last edited by a moderator:
The one on my replacement door is pretty straight...I guess it really depends on a) how you want it to look, and b) if you're going to show your car. It would bug the heck out of me if it was crooked, but that's just me. If you want factory correct maybe you should slant it? And have original picks with your build sheet to show that's how it was originally installed?

No worries Mike....I would bet you that the guy that put your sticker on was leaning over and not looking at the end of the door square on.

Did you notice the difference in the vehicle weights between your car and mine?
Maybe the guy was wearing bi-focal glasses :)

Your car is heavier because yours is 302 and mine is a 250. I wonder what the weight on the sticker is for a 351!

The one on my replacement door is pretty straight...I guess it really depends on a) how you want it to look, and b) if you're going to show your car. It would bug the heck out of me if it was crooked, but that's just me. If you want factory correct maybe you should slant it? And have original picks with your build sheet to show that's how it was originally installed?
Decisions, decisons! If I put it on at a slant that's a good idea to keep the pictures of the original with the build sheet or Marti report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back