Driver mirror dissasembly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone know how to remove the cable assy from the drivers side Mach 1 mirror it looks like the cables are crimped in both sides I have removed the actual mirror without breaking it and the cables have tiny ferrules crimped to them.

im thinking I may need to mask them up and paint as an assembly?

any ideas welcome.

regards

Terry

Terry we are living parallel lives.  I posted the same question about a month ago.  After reviewing the responses, and studying the mirror again, I decided to figure out how to paint it together.  So I am using jigs and stages for painting.  Stage 1 of painting is the backside/inside.  Stage 2 will be the outside.  You can see the mirrors on the far end of table in the attached photo—this is stage 1.  It isn’t pretty, but it worked.  The part nobody will ever see turned out great with careful gun work.  I can post a picture of just the box layout if you think my plan isn’t completely stupid.  Stage 2 will be a completely different setup, but basically the mirror heads just drop over something to stay in place, same thing for the bases.

DA607A8B-581C-4A0D-A28C-0092D3352ABE.jpeg

I though this as well, thanks for the feed back I will also provide details and photos as I progress.
nearly ready to go.

regards

30D43441-3054-4DFF-866F-CAF0141A7E3D.jpeg

C1316DC4-DA60-43ED-A8B2-726301CD59E2.jpeg

Back