Dyno results

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
I had my car dyno tuned yesterday. It initially put down right at 280 horsepower and 335 torque. After adding some timing and carb adjustments to lean it out a bit the final numbers were 302 and 355. I would think that allowing for drive train loss these numbers are very close to the factory original and I'm pretty happy with them. The car runs better than ever and with the 5 speed and 4.11 rear gears it is an absolute blast to drive! Peak torque was just over 3000 rpm which is what my "butt dyno" would have guessed. This thing pulls hard in all 4 gears right up to shifting into 5th.

What would you guys think the numbers at the flywheel would be?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people will tell you to use a 15% factor but I think in most cases it is much more. There are not a lot of good examples of one car with engine dyno and chassis dyno number out there. One I believe is 425 down to 285 at the wheels. I've seen ohter in the 30%+ range. The 15% factor may be about right for a drivetrain but most engine dyno numbers have other factors that maximize that configuration rather that the SAE format now used by manufacturers (hot air, all added things like A/C, PS, full exhaust).

Back