Easiest way to raise rear end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too would like to see that pic. as I'm also thinking of installing the 1" longer shackles. It ought to raise the car at center wheel arch about 1/2" ( and no, I did not do the math, just a guess).
Lol.  0.5 x 1" = 1/2"

I have these in my car and you cant see them from behind unless you look slightly under.

Lol.  0.5 x 1" = 1/2"

I have these in my car and you cant see them from behind unless you look slightly under.
Good to know Tony. I'm in............. when I can finally get across the damn border to go to NPD without spending half my life in quarantine afterwards.

Believe it or not but the factory correct stance is low in rear. I put helper springs on the shocks on my 1973 Mach 1 the week I got it new. The Osborne assembly chassis manual has the measurements for correct factory stance. Anything else and you have to alter something.
That's why they were known as "Ass Draggers". 

Believe it or not but the factory correct stance is low in rear. I put helper springs on the shocks on my 1973 Mach 1 the week I got it new. The Osborne assembly chassis manual has the measurements for correct factory stance. Anything else and you have to alter something.
David.......Did the helper springs actually lift the rear end any? Would it be better to just have the springs re-arched? 

eaton # CASHK789, dont have a good pic. if your standing behind car, you cannot see them. if your on your hands and knees you can see the very bottom of shackle. if you painted them black you would not notice.

Back