Ebay Motors, Good and Bad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peche 71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grande, 351 Cleveland, restoration project
1973 Convertible, 302, slight restoration
I'm ignorant about Ebay Motors. Can someone give me some good and bad about their services? I'd like to keep it regional, but also know that a wider audience could result in a better and quicker sale for a classic. Thanks!

Require an immediate deposit. With full payment via certified funds with in usually 7 days. Be very clear in everything. I sold a car on eBay to a guy from California a couple years ago. I live in Iowa. Went good. He flew out and drove the car back. I told him he was crazy. It was a 1962 Triumph Spitfire. He called me a couple days later and said he didn't have any problems at all. I was shocked.

Good Info Jason, but was dealing with Ebay motors simple, straight forward? or did it seem complex? Did you pay a rate upfront?

Remembering best I can fees are based on options you select in the listing like a buy it now option or reserve etc and also based on number of photos then final sale price maybe? When you do the listing it is pretty straight forward and you have an idea of what the fees are going to be as you build your ad. The fees were paid after it was sold as they billed me at the end of the month.

If you check on the bidders most are jokers. Click on the bidders they they will all come up. You can click on each one. Most have bought a shirt or a tape or something but never the big buys like a car. You look at their history and they bid on everything. I see the same cars come up over and over because the winning bidder is a joker and not serious. Don't get excited until the cash is in your account.

I have bought a couple cars of eBay and you will find out that serious bidders do not bid until the last seconds. They need to change something to eliminate the jokers so it it real again.

Been 10 years

I sold a T Bird Turbo Coupe and an Elcamino on E Bay.

Had no issues

The Bird went to a movie prop company in So-Cal and they drove up with a trailer as it had engine issues.

The Camino went to another buyer in So-Cal that flew up and drove it home abt 7hr drive.

I think the listings with reserve cost abt 30 bucks but my memory isnt too hot.

Wish I still had that bird what a powerful 4cyl turbo boosted and awesome gas mileage!.

Paul

I see the same cars come up over and over because the winning bidder is a joker and not serious. Don't get excited until the cash is in your account.
Exactly !

Just because a car sells that doesn't mean the deal went through a very high percentage don't . The worst though is when I go to buy a car or parts I always hear "Oh these are selling for $$$ on ebay". Means nothing when you track the actual amount of deals that go through.

good info thanks! I only want to deal with real classic car enthusiasts, not gawkers, and wanna-be owners.

Back