eBay score

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
A couple of weeks ago I had been watching a posting for some sport wheel covers. I party out of TX listed the wheel covers for $79. It looked like two of the four where in show quality condition (no scratches or dents in the chrome), but I was not going to pay that much for 2 good covers. I emailed the seller after it did not sell from its posting and offered less and I would pay for the shipping. They accepted and about a week later a VERY large box arrived at my house. I noted the shipping address from the seller. When I opened the box it included the sport wheel covers and four very nice date coded 1973 steel 14 OE wheels. No rust or bent lips on the wheels. I did not expect the wheels in addition to the wheel covers. It just made the purchase all the more the sweeter. I may be selling the steel wheels after I confirm my wheels are true and can be cleaned up with a media blast. I think I have about 4 complete sets of the shallow Sport Wheel covers now and of that I have one set that is show quality. I also have a complete set +2 of the deep dish sport wheel covers as well. Once the car is completed I imagine I will have a pretty big garage cleaning sale for everyone here to look over.

OLE PONY

VIP Members
Staff member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
Sounds like a great score!

I'm still debating with myself as what to do with the 4 original steel wheels and tires I took off mine when I upgraded to the 73 Ford Aluminun wheels. I have about 7 of the sports wheel covers too. I may decide to sell them, but not sure.

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
From my experience, original steel wheels are more rare by a factor of 10 than the Magnum or Slotted.

I found them to be most useful when installing a new front end. When the front end was rubbing on my Magnum's, I thought the offset on the Magnum's might be wrong. Installed the original wheels, and the problem was WORSE. So, you might want to keep a wheel.

Piece of crap aftermarket parts makers.

marks73

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
Sounds like you got a great deal to me!