Edelbrock 3606 E-street ez-efi ?

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

Anderslober

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
Ford focus and 1967 Fiat 500.
Hello Forum......is the above mentioned system a straight EZ bolt-on to a 351C/1971?

Any info is good...thanks,........

Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.

Don C

Fords Forever
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Sportroof M code
Just type "efi" into the search box at the upper right of this page and you'll find several threads on converting to efi.

iceberg65

Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang Mach 1
351c 4v auto
One big overlooked item to concider on these efi systems is that they require a new fuel system capable of the pressures necessary (~42-50psi vs6-10psi) . Not overly difficult but not an insignificant cost or amount of work. Some companies offer the kits with a fuel system or I've seen surge tanks with booster pumps as well; many will require a return line as well. From the people I've talked to I've had one person say that the edlebrock efi is not as good as holly or FAST; he didn't give reasons for it really though and was using his stuff strictly for drag racing.

For someone thats decent with mechanics (wiring) it would be a pretty straightforward install. There are even clamp on style bungs for the 02 sensors that you can get if you dont have access to a welder. (I was skeptical cause they look pretty janky but apparently they work reasonably well.

But it will bolt on (as long as your on a 4 barrel carb flange), it's not nearly as simple as bolting on a good carb though.

I've been waiting to see how the Holly sniper efi reviews once it's launched. Seems like a great budget system.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I have an Edelbrock E-Street EFI system with the Universal Sump Kit (returnless style), but it's still in the box in the garage waiting for me to get some other things done before I can install it - the main thing being the O2 sensor bung welded onto an exhaust pipe after the headers.

Once I get that done, I'll post a write-up... but it might be a few months away still.