EGR spacer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hello,

I found out the EGR spacer is damaged so I can't use it. I would like to know if I can still use the original intake manifold with a "normal" spacer or just change it by a new one, and eliminate the EGR valve?

Thank you,

Manu

SAM_8255.JPG

SAM_8254.JPG

SAM_8257.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Eliminating the EGR will not adversely affect engine operation so changing out to a new square bore intake will work just fine and also open up lots of new options for carbs.

However, if you wish to keep your current setup, send me a PM. I have a NOS spacer still in the box.

PICT0005.jpg

I have wrestled with this myself and at the end of the day like Bill said it would be a good option to just change the intake. It looks like yours is already off so now might be the time.

What I did for now was take a well used EGR spacer and ground the top surface bores to match the openings on the square bore Edlbrock I have. The bottom of the EGR spacer I left alone so it still mates to the stock intake. Prior to this, the rear bores actually blocked the back two butterflies on the four barrel carb from opening.

Manu,

you could reuse the original one with your original spread bore carb if you find somebody who can make a thin block-off plate with the spread bore scheme. You cannot use another spacer of spread bore carbs or a adapter because of the special routing of the egr-channel.

I use another (aluminum=lighter) intake manifold but will reuse the original 4300D spread bore with a special made adapter I have to think about too. With EGR I think my total height is too high for the ram air setup to the hood...

I would like to keep the 4300D carb, I already have the repair kit for this carb, and change the intake.

Which intake could I choose?

But if I keep the original intake, I will be interested by your EGR spacer Bill.

(PM).

Back