EL Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1, DSO 99, Red on Red
1972 El Grande, Red with argent stripes
A few photos of the EL Grande project from down under.

The original front end was rusted out. The LH chassis rail had a rust hole you could poke your finger right through.

The entire front end including the fire wall was removed and then an Aussie EL Falcon front clip was placed in position.

The car was firmly attached to a steel frame to eliminate movement once level, square and the wheelbase was correct.

Many months of spare time were spent fabricating and adding in sections to fill the gaps and make it all work.

It all worked in the end. EL Grande is road registered and Right Hand Drive.

The EL Falcon front suspension, rack and pinion steering, 4 wheel disc brakes combined with the original 351 Cleveland, FMX and 9" make this a car that is much nicer to drive than my Mach1.

Would I do it again or recommend someone else do this? Not bloody likely!!!

EL Grande 01.jpg

EL Grande 02.jpg

EL Grande 03.jpg

EL Grande 04.JPG

EL Grande 05.jpg

EL Grande 06.jpg

EL Grande 0001.jpg

El Grande 0004.jpg

El Grande 0010.jpg

El Grande 0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is completely insane but I LOVE it!!

Any more pictures of the front? from the side you would never know the difference!
There is a picture of the front of EL Grande in the gallery 1972 section. I did modify the grill a bit. A couple of hours with a dremil, some epoxy glue and some honeycomb plastic from ebay tranformed the 73 egg crate grill. I intended to maintain a factory look. The painted rocker covers and original air cleaner help create that illusion.

Back