Eleanor Dispute

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great post...Very interesting read...Every fast back mustang i see now is called eleanor!!..Name almost makes me sick anymore...lol...I going to start calling every dodge a general lee {wink} lol

Great post...Very interesting read...Every fast back mustang i see now is called eleanor!!..Name almost makes me sick anymore...lol...I going to start calling every dodge a general lee {wink} lol
Funny! Practice to duck and run before you start that.

The sad thing about this Eleanor craze is that the young folks believe that the actual 67 GT 500 looks like the Foose Eleanor from the movie.

If you show em a pic of an original 67 or 68 GT 500 they will tell you: "No, I mean the original one, like in the movie."

On a funny side note: Here in Luxembourg everybody refers to 71-73 Mustangs as "Mach1"s, whether it is a Sportsroof, Coupe or Vert and no matter what motor it has.

From 65 to 70 it is a regular Mustang and from 71 to 73 they are Mach1s. Period!

Last edited by a moderator:
My car is a 73 with the same colouring as "Eleanor" so I have had people come up at car shows and say "Hey, you have Eleanor". Even though the original in the movie didn't have the body stripping etc, at least they remember the longest car chase seen in movie history and not the remake.

also the original was a 72 dressed up like a 73. You can tell buy the bumpers and the signal lights in the spoiler. But I am on the side of the makers of the original on the legal side of it.

On a funny side note: Here in Luxembourg everybody refers to 71-73 Mustangs as "Mach1"s, whether it is a Sportsroof, Coupe or Vert and no matter what motor it has.

From 65 to 70 it is a regular Mustang and from 71 to 73 they are Mach1s. Period!
Same thing noted on Ebay and Craigslist as well. LOL!!

I'm just glad they chose the '67 GT-500 for the remake. Can you imagine how expensive our cars would be right now if they'd stayed true to the original movie and used a '71-'73 instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back