electric fan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrya

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a single auxiliary push fan/kit for a '73, 302, auto trans. There is not a lot of space in front of the radiator, as the hood latch bracket takes up the center, so the placement would be to either side of the bracket. Spacing looks like: height, 1'5"; width, 1'; depth, 16". Thanks, Larry

There are tons of pusher auxiliary fans you can find out there. The only suggestion I have for you, is to try and get a good brand name fan. Flexalite used to make some pretty descent electric fans that moved a lot of air and lasted. Most of the stuff you will find on the web will be cheap China fans that don't last and that don't move a lot of air. The sellers of these cheap fans will claim huge CFM airflow, but it is all a crock.
In all honesty the best fans, that are really made to last and will move a ton of air, are OEM electric fans. It is a pain to sometimes adapt them to your specific car, but they will last and they will move a ton of air. Fans that come stock in a modern Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, trucks etc... are made to keep those engines cool and last 100,000 miles. Nothing in the aftermarket can touch this. The issue is figuring out what you can adapt to your particular application.
The only other suggestion that I have is to make sure that you use a good relay system and an electric thermostat to turn it on and off. You do not need your auxiliary fan on at highway speeds impeding the flow of air into the radiator. Many a time I have seen people wire in auxiliary fans to lets say their A/C, so that when their A/C is on the fan is on, and then ask why their car is running hot on the highway...

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a single auxiliary push fan/kit for a '73, 302, auto trans. There is not a lot of space in front of the radiator, as the hood latch bracket takes up the center, so the placement would be to either side of the bracket. Spacing looks like: height, 1'5"; width, 1'; depth, 16". Thanks, La

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a single auxiliary push fan/kit for a '73, 302, auto trans. There is not a lot of space in front of the radiator, as the hood latch bracket takes up the center, so the placement would be to either side of the bracket. Spacing looks like: height, 1'5"; width, 1'; depth, 16". Thanks, Lar

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a single auxiliary push fan/kit for a '73, 302, auto trans. There is not a lot of space in front of the radiator, as the hood latch bracket takes up the center, so the placement would be to either side of the bracket. Spacing looks like: height, 1'5"; width, 1'; depth, 16". Thanks, Larry
I bought a 12" fan from American Volt thru Amazon. It can be used for pulling or pushing (I went with pushing) and fits very nicely between the latch support and fan. I mounted the thermostat to the left as shown in picture. IMG_20220730_063915783.jpgIMG_20220730_063915783.jpg

Back