Electroluminescent Gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjj8413

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
I recently ordered a set of the Scott Drake EL gauge overlays and finally got around to installing them over the weekend. I was considering replacing all the gauges with something more modern like the set from Dakota digital or Vintage USA, but this was quick and easy and I think they turned out pretty well. I may still upgrade the gauges at some point in the future, not that I'm unsatisfied with these, but I may want some additional measurements the stock gauges don't provide.

The pictures were taken early in the evening; I'm sure they'll be much brighter at night. Regardless, the kit makes everything much easier to see.

23wu24y.jpg

2vl6t15.jpg

zvzg4l.jpg

v2qvqu.jpg

those are amazing, i want some, i cannot find the kit for the 3 gauge cluster in the middle. Where did you buy these? Also did you have to remove your steering wheel to apply.

Side note: I have that same stereo!

Thanks! I bought them from CJ Pony. They were more expensive there than on Summit, but they were in stock at CJ and would not have shipped until July through Summit. The kit includes the faces for both. And no, I didn't have to drop or lower the steering wheel.

I recently ordered a set of the Scott Drake EL gauge overlays and finally got around to installing them over the weekend. I was considering replacing all the gauges with something more modern like the set from Dakota digital or Vintage USA, but this was quick and easy and I think they turned out pretty well. I may still upgrade the gauges at some point in the future, not that I'm unsatisfied with these, but I may want some additional measurements the stock gauges don't provide.

The pictures were taken early in the evening; I'm sure they'll be much brighter at night. Regardless, the kit makes everything much easier to see.

23wu24y.jpg

2vl6t15.jpg

zvzg4l.jpg

v2qvqu.jpg
:bravo:really 'clean' looking!

what hot lead did you connect to ... thanks

also what glue did you use to stick em on

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the delayed response. I just got home from a deployment with the navy. I wired the gauges into the headlight circuit. This way the faces illuminate when the driving lights are activated. I used some left over weather stripping adhesive to apply the faces, but any silicone based glue should do the trick.

I tapped into the headlight circuit using the brown 'hotwire' and a ground from my tach.

23i9o45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back