Elementary School Parade

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
My wife is an kindergarten teacher and this staying at home business has been rough for her. The school had a parade where they drove the bus routes to show their support for their students. For over two hours, I drove her around in the 71. We had a blast.

56d0e97b2e2252effabfcbd87fa315db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is an kindergarten teacher and this staying at home business has been rough for her.  The school had a parade where they drove the bus routes to show their support for their students. For over two hours, I drove her around in the 71. We had a blast.

56d0e97b2e2252effabfcbd87fa315db.jpg

Sounds like it was a fun day and a good idea.  Looks like you had good weather for it. Really like your stang.  I hope mine looks as good when I'm done with it.

This was a great idea. I see no problem with everyone driving around and not getting out of their cars. One of my 14 year old daughter's friends had a birthday this past Sunday. So rather than getting together with her at her house, which isn't allowed of course, the parents drove her friends slowly past her house like a parade. My daughter and the other friends made fancy posters that they held out of the window as they drove by. Have to get creative these days.

That could be a $1500.00 fine under our governor's new commands here in Michigan.

Not in Oklahoma. We never left our cars and never mingled together.

Plus per everyone's opinion of our cars you and your wife were 6 feet apart :whistling:

Good job, looks like she is having fun so that's what matters

This was a great idea. I see no problem with everyone driving around and not getting out of their cars. One of my 14 year old daughter's friends had a birthday this past Sunday. So rather than getting together with her at her house, which isn't allowed of course, the parents drove her friends slowly past her house like a parade. My daughter and the other friends made fancy posters that they held out of the window as they drove by. Have to get creative these days.

We had a poster on my side. It flew off after the first neighborhood. [emoji12]

The kids seemed to really enjoy it.

That could be a $1500.00 fine under our governor's new commands here in Michigan.

Plus per everyone's opinion of our cars you and your wife were 6 feet apart :whistling:

I cannot tell you how many “wow”, “awesome car”, etc I heard while we were driving. After we got back, my wife’s phone blew up with texts from people talking about the car.

It was a win-win for me. I got some much needed drive time and she was very happy with me for taking her in it. With the amount of $$ I spend on the car, it is nice to get out of the dog house because of it for once. [emoji12]

I cannot tell you how many “wow”, “awesome car”, etc I heard while we were driving. After we got back, my wife’s phone blew up with texts from people talking about the car.

It was a win-win for me. I got some much needed drive time and she was very happy with me for taking her in it. With the amount of $$ I spend on the car, it is nice to get out of the dog house because of it for once. [emoji12]

That's great!  These brightly-colored vintage musclecars are like their own three-ring circus on the road.  Mine always gets thumbs up, yells, people walking over at the gas pump, etc.  The regular landscape of cars out there on the road is a boring group of white, black, gray rolling jelly bean appliances.  And in the not so distant future they will be mainly electric, so the sound element of the car will be gone as well.  Our cars will also carry on that classic American V8 soundtrack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back