Engine swap question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None.

Mounts and trans bolt up to the 302's stuff.

absolutely everything will bolt right up. I had a 302 in my mach and swapped in a 351 c with no trouble at all. use the 302 flywheel and starter in the cleveland. will have to modify the exhuast pipes but thats about it.

absolutely everything will bolt right up. I had a 302 in my mach and swapped in a 351 c with no trouble at all. use the 302 flywheel and starter in the cleveland. will have to modify the exhuast pipes but thats about it.
So good info :)

Start turning those wrenches. Hopefully you'll use this to your advantage with the rest of the family! :p Only direct changeout available is a great answer.

The front end dress is different. Balancer, pulleys, brackets, etc won't swap between 302 and 351C

Some of the brackets will, some wont swap. I got a fully dressed 351c and mixed and matched some of the stuff off of the 302 and had no trouble with it at all. The fan shroud will work fine too with no modifications needed.

Just to clarify, a set of 5.0L motor mounts should fit a Cleveland? I actually have some from Energy Suspension from a previous project.

Some of the brackets will, some wont swap. I got a fully dressed 351c and mixed and matched some of the stuff off of the 302 and had no trouble with it at all. The fan shroud will work fine too with no modifications needed.
See! there you go. Again START WRENCHING!

Just to clarify, a set of 5.0L motor mounts should fit a Cleveland? I actually have some from Energy Suspension from a previous project.
Yes.
Great. Thank you.

Nothing ever just 'swaps' but it shouldn't require too much fabrication to get'r done. You will find some things just don't fit right, for example, the radiator hoses might not work, or some of the wiring might be too short. Little stuff like that is to be expected. Check sending units too. You don't want gauge units if your car had idiot lights (and vice versa)

Back