Engine vacuum lines and other changes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Coupe. 302cid 2v.

[url=https://ibb.co/1vNBgXG][img]https://i.ibb.co/tm6nG2p/FCBA4-E5-F-0-FD5-44-AE-A0-EF-A97-D88876649.jpg[/img][/url]
So I’m 20 years old I’ve owned my 1973 Mustang coupe with a 302 since I was 18. I’ve been working on it as much as time and money allow.
I’ve come to the part of messing with vacuum lines and the early emissions stuff. The egr valve was sheered off and I made a plate to cover it. Regarding the vacuum lines I was wondering if I can get rid of most of all of them except the brake booster line.

I’m also planning on getting a 4bbl Holley carb and a 4bbl intake manifold. ( what carb would be best to go with because I was given a Holley 600cfm)

Looking for a little guidance on all this, and in advance I apologize if I am everywhere on this post

On my 71, I have the following, Brake booster, transmission, both on port on back of intake, then distributor on front along with a PCV Valve connector. My AC and fuel Evap lines are capped off and disconnected By previous owners.

Here is a diagram for the 73's. Figure out what you have and then the ones that you can remove without effecting the engine, brakes, hvac, transmission, and any other needed vacuum driven item.

Attachments

• 1973 Mustang Vacuum Hose Diagrams V2.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
No, the EGR valve is definitely not needed. It is just an early emission device, that does not belong on a performance engine. Leave it off.

I have detailed vacuum line schematics for 1973 (and prior) Mustangs. But, the file is too large to attach to this comment. Send me an email with the email address you want to use to download the file from my DropBox account. As soon as I get your email address I will add it to the allowed persons for my DropBox "Facebook" partition.

My email is [email protected]. Be sure to let me know in your email what info you are after (vacuum schematics for 1973 Mustangs via 7173Mustangs).

I have detailed vacuum line schematics for 1973 (and prior) Mustangs. But, the file is too large to attach to this comment. Send me an email with the email address you want to use to download the file from my DropBox account. As soon as I get your email address I will add it to the allowed persons for my DropBox "Facebook" partition.

My email is [email protected]. Be sure to let me know in your email what info you are after (vacuum schematics for 1973 Mustangs via 7173Mustangs).
Email sent

Apparently I must have done "something wrong," as I have been able, in other threads with this forum, to attached the 1967-1972 vacuum schematic file in other threads. So, I will try to do so here again. The primary source of the calibrations in this file are from The Mustang /barn, where they made the calibration schematics available on a no fee basis. With their approval I consolidated their many files into a single document that is grouped by year and sorted by engine. You are welcome to use and/or distribute the attached file on a no fee basis as you deem appropriate

Attachments

• _1967-1972_Mustang_EmissionControlVacuumSchematics_ConsolidatedGroupedAndSortedByYear__20211003.pdf
    15.2 MB · Views: 3
Back