Facts about Beth and Elena

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elena73Mach1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 Mustang, Dearborn plant, unit 258032, district code-Kansas City, original sale, Joplin, MO Sept. 29, 1973 Dan Stanley Motors. 3B blue with white vinyl roof and white and black interior. We bought her 2002. 351 2v V8 was rebuilt in 2003, bored .0030, shaved heads .0030, Edlebrock 750 carb, Edlebrock performer intake, flat-top pistons and Holley high flow fuel pump. Hedman Competition Headers and header type sidepipes, N50's. High lift leaf springs and shackles. Traction bars. deep dish aluminum slot mags (that replaced her original factory aluminum slots and pony caps-don't worry we still have them). Owner is Beth Titus, crew is Mark and Beth Titus.
[/u][/i]Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I'm glad to be here and hope I add some fun to the mustang forum.

About Beth:

I have three siblings and a husband who are all motorheads. I have a nephew that races an insane 66 Chevelle, words do not do justice, you have to feel it. You guys would drool over some of the cars my sister has had, she outdid us all. She's been known so be seen around an auction or two. The first mustang I ever fell in love with was owned by a neighbor boy, and I'm pretty sure it was a Boss, but being such a young squirt at the time I don't recall what year or any details other than it had a heavy metallic flake green paint that was wicked cool.

My husband has never put me to a real test of how good of an assistant I could be in the garage, but he should. I did, however, sand and repaint the entire engine compartment when Elena was having her motor rebuilt. I cleaned up what I could with gas and put the braided hoses on her. So I'm not afraid to help and would enjoy it, but I admit I never took auto in school, or got "in there" on my own. Mama, however has one rule, My Car, My Way. All decisions final.

I drove a beat up standard 73 Mustang Fastback when I met my husband, and the freaky thing is that he had the exact model of my car on his dresser. Right down to the spray painted black hood and hood pins. Same colors and everything. Everyone knew we were getting serious when he loaned me his deep dish aluminum slots. Like an idiot, I sold that car. I know, you don't have to say it. Still got the slots though, they're on Elena like Cinderella's glass slippers.

I had to name my car, couldn't resist the Gone in 60 Seconds influence. She's named in memory of:

My mom, Elaine (kind of a lead foot in her day)

Toby Halicki

And of course, Eleanor Ford

I'm eight years older than my Mach, you do the math.

Several of you guys were right when you caught on to the theme of the high school kids car. That's where we're going with her. I don't know if we'll ever get her to the level of trailering her around, we want to be able to take her out to play and not worry too much. She's user friendly.

About Elena:

Original Sale~September 29, 1973

Dan Stanley Motors, Joplin MO

Purshase price $4452.49

Dearborn

unit 258032/June 1973

DSO district code Kansas City

Sports Roof, Mach 1

H: 351 Cleveland 2v V8

Bored .0030

Shaved .0030

Edelbrock 750 carb

Edlebrock Performer Intake

Holley High Flow fuel pump

Flat top pistons

Hedman Competition Headers

Sidepipes

3B: Light Blue

GW: White Vinyl with Black Appointements; Mach 1 Luxury

9 inch rear end

Axel 2.75;1, Conventional

C6 automatic

High lift leaf springs, shackles, traction bars

She came with 14 x 6 Factory Aluminum slots with Pony Caps

but she sports:

Her Daddy's bad a** deep dish aluminum slots:

15 x 7's with P235/60-15's

15 x 10's with N50/15's

Happiness_NEW.jpg

I can't wait to post some new pictures of her. She's having some body work done and she's got some presents waiting to be installed, A new rear bumper and a new dash pad. The photo of her in my first post is about nine years old. We didn't even have the new front tires on her then. Her next performance treat will be new gears when we get the money. She's still a one wheel wonder for now. Can't wait to go posi.

Great story, Sign up the rest of the bunch (except maybe that chebby guy :dodgy:) Just kidding, I own a 73 Chevelle as well as my 73 Mach! :)

Hi Beth, and welcome from Forestville, NY ( I Live About 10 Miles From Toby Halickis Original Garage Where You Will Still See Some Of The Original "Gone In 60 Seconds" Movie Cars). I sure do hope you will find that this is the best Mustang Site on the net. I really like the route you are taking with Elena as I am going the same way with my Mach 1. Looking forward to more progress pictures and stories about her

welcome beth,glad your in this group could always use more ladies driveing 7173 mustangs....

::welcome:: from NY and great bio, looking forward to seeing some pics of your car

Welcome and I hope you and your husband enjoy the site and make some friends.
My hubby, Mark, is not into computers but I think he would love this site. I had to laugh at my own words when I said I have one rule, "My car, my way" because that's not usually how it get's said, that actually sounds kind of snotty. My husband hates to spend money and he's in such a mind set usually to do everything the cheap way that he forgets sometimes when he's working on our toys that the point of having them is NOT to be economical, but to be a bit lavish with these creatures. Usually how it get's said is when we are arguing whether to cheap out or to get what the car deserves I pick the part, front the money and say, "My car, I win!" I think we are both going to like the site, I'll be calling him in to look at the computer a lot, I can tell already. I can't ever get tired of the 7173's. They are my favorite mustang body style, no question. I adore my little diamond in the rough.

Hi Beth, and welcome from Forestville, NY ( I Live About 10 Miles From Toby Halickis Original Garage Where You Will Still See Some Of The Original "Gone In 60 Seconds" Movie Cars). I sure do hope you will find that this is the best Mustang Site on the net. I really like the route you are taking with Elena as I am going the same way with my Mach 1. Looking forward to more progress pictures and stories about her
Sweet Cobrajet!

Toby died the same year my mom did. What a total drag. Don't you love setting people straight about the original movie? My first mustang was an Eleanor. I was looking for a yellow one when I found the one I have now. I meant to have her painted yellow but she totally won me over. My brother in law insisted she could hold her own with her 3B blue, that she should be shown in the color God gave her, and he's right. It seems to me she's a bit rare, especially with her vinyl roof.

::welcome:: from East Tn, jump in in have some fun on the site. I catch myself constantly yelling for my GF " to come look at this " :)
Oh yeah, I've done that already to the hubby and I haven't even scratched the surface!

welcome beth,glad your in this group could always use more ladies driveing 7173 mustangs....
Gawd, I love the color of your car!!

I like the little tag line you have on your post. I want to put one together for myself from a sign I just picked up at a car show. It says, "Nobody ever died from smokin' tires". HA!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mrs doesn't like me spending too much on our "SUNDY" ,so when I get home this arvo, I will show her this post and say " why can't you be more like her? Anyway Hi from melb,au. Now that we got the formalities out of the way, show us those sidepipes!

::welcome:: from East Tn, jump in in have some fun on the site. I catch myself constantly yelling for my GF " to come look at this " :)
Beautiful car, by the way.

My mrs doesn't like me spending too much on our "SUNDY", so when I get home this arvo, I will show her this post and say " why can't you be more like her? Anyway Hi from melb,au. Now that we got the formalities out of the way, show us those sidepipes!
Dude! I've actually been to Melbourne Australia! Sweet! I popped in for the day off a cruise ship back in 98. Best damm trip I've ever been on, love you mates! I cried when they dragged me off Tasmania. Not kidding.

I'm actually just about to search the web for some new pipes. Mine are rusting out already (nine years old) and we can't have that. They are a feature that you want to show off, definitely! As soon as I find what I'm looking for, believe me, I'll be flashing them like a trollop all over town. Mine are not completey tight to the headers, so they sound awesome. You can tell they are leaking, but who cares when they almost sound like cut outs, he he! The one thing that is kind of annoying is that the style I have have the false pipe look, so some people at shows think they aren't hooked up and are just for show. I just prove 'em wrong. Sounds like SUNDY hasn't seduced the mrs...yet. Something to work on this summer. Sorry, winter for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back