Feeling Lucky !! Real NOS CW Comfort Weave found

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible, 351 C2V, 3 Speed Manual Transmission, Decor Group, Color Keyed Racing Mirrors. 6C Medium Goldenrod, White Knit Vinyl Bucket
Well I feel really lucky that I scored some real CW comfort weave on eBay this week. Since missing a chance to buy a roll of NOS real CW comfort weave by a dam day, I've set up a search for "comfort weave" that regularly tells me of new listings of items that have comfort weave in the listing. A seller named KevinManley2011 was selling some seat covers for 71-73 Mustangs that are incorrect with black trimmed CW comfort weave centers, made by an outfit named TrimTech. He was asking 150 for both front buckets, plus 30 shipping. I asked him if he could describe the comfort weave, and at first he didn't get back to me, but then after a few days, he sent me an offer to buy them for 99.00 and said the centers looked like cloth to him, but he was looking through the plastic bag. I figured, heck for 130 shipped, I'll take a chance. Well they came in today, and holy crap, they are the real deal, I can blow and suck air right through them just like my originals !! My plan is to either have my upholstery shop unstitch the centers, and make me new seat covers with them, or, have my vinyl repair guy who comes and fixes our boat interiors, who is amazing at mending and dyeing vinyl, dye them white. It all depends on what my upholstery guy says. If he thinks he can get the correct white vinyl for the sides, and wants to do it, I'll go that route. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500(1).jpg
    s-l500(1).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l500(2).jpg
    s-l500(2).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
  • B090276D-DF3F-4A6D-9820-43E7C5AAC46F.jpeg
    B090276D-DF3F-4A6D-9820-43E7C5AAC46F.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 13273BDF-0DFB-41D6-8253-7D40D0A7ED6A.jpeg
    13273BDF-0DFB-41D6-8253-7D40D0A7ED6A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DA149A63-30A5-447B-835A-77D4B053E5B3.jpeg
    DA149A63-30A5-447B-835A-77D4B053E5B3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Thanks guys !

Well I feel really lucky that I scored some real CW comfort weave on eBay this week. Since missing a chance to buy a roll of NOS real CW comfort weave by a dam day, I've set up a search for "comfort weave" that regularly tells me of new listings of items that have comfort weave in the listing. A seller named KevinManley2011 was selling some seat covers for 71-73 Mustangs that are incorrect with black trimmed CW comfort weave centers, made by an outfit named TrimTech. He was asking 150 for both front buckets, plus 30 shipping. I asked him if he could describe the comfort weave, and at first he didn't get back to me, but then after a few days, he sent me an offer to buy them for 99.00 and said the centers looked like cloth to him, but he was looking through the plastic bag. I figured, heck for 130 shipped, I'll take a chance. Well they came in today, and holy crap, they are the real deal, I can blow and suck air right through them just like my originals !! My plan is to either have my upholstery shop unstitch the centers, and make me new seat covers with them, or, have my vinyl repair guy who comes and fixes our boat interiors, who is amazing at mending and dyeing vinyl, dye them white. It all depends on what my upholstery guy says. If he thinks he can get the correct white vinyl for the sides, and wants to do it, I'll go that route. Here are some pics.
i found a place called sms auto fabrics located in canby, oregon. they were the only place that i found that had the dark green comfort weave fabric for my car. sms specializes in nos fabric from the 70's. i dont know about other colors, but i do know that the green comfort weave that my car came with from the factory is not reproduced according to my research. sms saved me !

Back