• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fender apron to cowl assembly connector needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempestairbrush

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Mustang fastback
1972 Mustang Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
If anyone has a donor parts car that has the metal panel in the picture is good I am looking for one!!! I don't need the cowl underneath just the outer portion on the passenger side that connects the fender apron to the cowl panel and i can't seem to find one online. Also I am looking for a cross member in the picture to replace the square tubing to make it appear stock I would appreciate it if anyone has any leads on those parts, they don't need to be perfect however I am looking for a good base to start with and patch up..... thanks

040..JPG104.JPG105.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks i sent him a PM, also I need this area of under the cowl holding up the vent on the driver side and looking to just weld in a patch piece if anyone has this area that is good on a doner car

Its a hard part to find they don't make them repop, drop don a note or you can try

http://stores.ebay.com/Coram-Corral the owner is bob you could ask him if he has any cowls he cut up.
129.JPG

Hey I think I have both parts + fold down stuff

Started looking for parts and gave up

Too FREAKING hot outside -

I'm going to try and come in early Tues before the heat sets in

Don

Sounds like a plan....Thanks Don

Hey I think I have both parts + fold down stuff

Started looking for parts and gave up

Too FREAKING hot outside -

I'm going to try and come in early Tues before the heat sets in

Don

Still looking for the fender/ cowl connector and now a stock mustang cross member, see pics in original post, thanks for the help

I have a fender/cowl connector that would work if you can't find anything else. It needs a couple small patches and some welds ground down where my son thought he would play around with the welder. I can send pictures if your interested.

Honestly, I would keep that bolt in crossmember(as long as the welds are good). It will make your life a hell of alot easier if you had to remove the oil pan for gasket replacement or get to the oil pump,etc.

I was going to keep it at first and I believe this car may have been a bracket car at one point and that's exactly why it was installed that way so you can drop the pan without pulling the motor. I just think it stands out too much on the type of car I am trying to build and I plan on making a reliable driver so not to jinx it but hopefully once that engine goes in the car it should not need a reason to drop the pan on a regular basis.

Also thank everyone for the reply's and parts available but I have found someone to send me the parts by this weekend.

Honestly, I would keep that bolt in crossmember(as long as the welds are good). It will make your life a hell of alot easier if you had to remove the oil pan for gasket replacement or get to the oil pump,etc.

SANY0248.JPGSANY0247.JPGSANY0246.JPG

If anyone has a donor parts car that has the metal panel in the picture is good I am looking for one!!! I don't need the cowl underneath just the outer portion on the passenger side that connects the fender apron to the cowl panel and i can't seem to find one online. Also I am looking for a cross member in the picture to replace the square tubing to make it appear stock I would appreciate it if anyone has any leads on those parts, they don't need to be perfect however I am looking for a good base to start with and patch up..... thanks
How's this one?

Thanks but I got one already from another user.

How's this one?

Back