• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fiberglass radiator shroud

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had one to trade... How much to buy it outright from you? Thanks

I wish I had one to trade... How much to buy it outright from you? Thanks
To be honest I need one to replace the fiberglass one as it's what I'm using on my car now. That's why I need to trade it and not sell. If I have to I'll keep it as it's a real nice piece and looks great and fits great. I'm just such a nut for originality that I'd rather have the plastic one.

I figured as much. Trying to find a way to make this happen. As you know, I need this piece for my restoration as mine is damaged. If you found a replacement for yours that is correct and had to pay for it, could I pay for it on your behalf (as my portion of the trade) and then take yours for my car? Gotta keep trying here...

The PT# should read D00E 8146 D made by Barnum Bros. Is this the shroud you have? Just want to make sure we are on the same page. Thanks

Last edited:
Guys,

I have a shroud from my 73 that I would be willing to part with in order for Pastel to get the correct 429 item. I will get the part number off it later today when I get home from work. Mr Mach is there a specific part number you are looking for ? This shroud is from a 73 Mach H-Code without A/C if that makes a difference.

Let me know.

Thanks, Jay

Guys,

I have a shroud from my 73 that I would be willing to part with in order for Pastel to get the correct 429 item. I will get the part number off it later today when I get home from work. Mr Mach is there a specific part number you are looking for ? This shroud is from a 73 Mach H-Code without A/C if that makes a difference.

Let me know.

Thanks, Jay
Thanks for the offer Jay..., I would not think that the fan shroud for a Q code is different then a normal 71-3 351 C engine install? I am going to check my Master Parts catalogue to see if I can come up with some numbers.

Update: I checked the '75 Master Parts catalogue:

The '71 351CJ, Boss 351 and 429's shared the same rad: Pt# D1ZZ-8005-B

The '72 351 CJ rad shows a Pt # D1VY-8005-A The 351"spec" which I would have to believe is the "R" Code Pt # D2ZZ-8005-B

There are no '73 rad PT numbers showing, so I would have to surmise that they were similar to the '72's.

As for the shrouds they vary depending on whether there was AC or not. I came up with the following possibilities:

The '71 & '72 351's show: various Pt #'s on the plastic as: D1ZE-AA, D3ZE-AA or AB with a PT# as D3ZZ-8146-A (remember, this is in 1974/5 when this last edition of the Master Parts catalogue was produced for these cars). This applies to all 351's with A/C, "R" & "Q" code as far as I can tell from the manual.

I don't believe there was a specific shroud for the '71-3 "Q" Code engine in our cars.

Someone may be able to break this down further from their experience, but these are the #'s in the catalogue. Thanks

Last edited:
3273_25_02_15_11_25_40.jpg3273_25_02_15_11_28_43.jpg

I figured as much. Trying to find a way to make this happen. As you know, I need this piece for my restoration as mine is damaged. If you found a replacement for yours that is correct and had to pay for it, could I pay for it on your behalf (as my portion of the trade) and then take yours for my car? Gotta keep trying here...

The PT# should read D00E 8146 D made by Barnum Bros. Is this the shroud you have? Just want to make sure we are on the same page. Thanks
I will check the part number on that when I get home from work and get back to you and maybe we can make this happen with a little help from our friends. (just to quote the BEATLES)

these two pic show the shroud and although you can't see the entire piece believe me the rest looks just as good and as you can see it's never been painted and has the original fiberglass finish.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will check the part number on that when I get home from work and get back to you and maybe we can make this happen with a little help from our friends. (just to quote the BEATLES)

these two pic show the shroud and although you can't see the entire piece believe me the rest looks just as good and as you can see it's never been painted and has the original fiberglass finish.
I am not sure that is the correct shroud based on the angle I can see? It looks a little to wide. Take a look at my piece.

image.jpeg

Wow, pictures can be deceiving... It should be about 2 3/4" wide at the top. The part # is right for sure. Yes would be awesome to get this for my car. I see that "35214..." Has what should be the right piece for your car based on the # he has provided.

What can we work out? BTW, I posted a number of parts a few weeks back, some have sold, but have lots left, take a look at the list, happy to throw some of this into the deal to make sure everyone goes away happy.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Frank, I don't think that is a 429 shroud - it looks way to big

Measure across the top

Don

I am not sure that is the correct shroud based on the angle I can see? It looks a little to wide. Take a look at my piece.
Very interesting thread guys. Good info here. I just had to go check mine, which I have little or no doubt is the original 1971 351C non-A/C Part number is D0OE-8146-C, made by Barnum Bros and is fiberglass. To be honest, I've not seen an original plastic shroud for any year, but what do I know!! Been proven wrong before.

Ken is yours for a 9 car? That would make sense that yours is narrower I guess.

Geoff.

Added a couple of pictures of my 351C 4V shroud.[attachment=37655]

Ok I checked again with a much brighter light and I have to apologize the last digit is C. False alarm it's not the one your looking for. Bummer.

I did some research on the one on my car it's for a 70 mustang Torino with 351 engine. Oh well for now it's on my 72

Hey, Thanks anyway. The one you need should be available out there. Cheers

Pastel Blue, I think we were all on the edge of our seats on this one. Just think how much you'll appreciate driving your car once all this part searching and headaches/heartaches is over. Though not the same style car, I had a N code 429 Gran Torino Sport with a transplanted CJ 429 and it took the same style narrow shroud with the high peak like the one you and clevelandcoupe posted. If Don (OMS) doesn't have one, I would suggest looking at Dennis carpenter. Run a repo and save your original. Those torque monster 429's have been known to eat a shroud or two. http://dennis-carpenter.com/fan-shroud/p/D00Z-8146-D/

Back