Finally back on the road!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe. Lived, died, then lived again.
Woohoo! Finally got the old girl back on her feet!

Some of you may remember that I crashed my poor Big Blue during the latter half of 2013. Here's the thread:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-crashed-the-mustang

Anyway, just want to announce that after lots of persistence, parts-gathering, saving, and even donations from some wonderful members here on the forum, there will be another 7173 roaming the streets of Miami. Despite the resistance I received with my family over my decision to keep it and constant requests to scrap it in order to clear out the driveway, I stuck to my guns. It was well worth it. I will now be doing my duty as a Mustang owner and driving her as frequently as possible.

My neighbor is an old-timey body repair guy; he offered to pull the chassis and graft on the needed parts from a donor car. He fixed it for cheap and still did a great job (he probably pitied me). The past couple of years have been a roller coaster, and now that Blue's chugging along, it feels pretty damn good. I need a sway bar, alignment, new brakes, a shifter (vice-grips pulling on the tranny cable isn't fun) and a bunch of miscellaneous items. It's a hot mess, but hey, I call that a "work in progress".

Thanks to everyone here that helped the cause, it's much appreciated.

and HAPPY FRIDAY to everyone!

732b02.jpg

2dhadqa.jpg

2wnqkcn.jpg

2qi3ej5.jpg

2lu2gk8.jpg

Great news, That was a bad crash. Very glad the car is back on the streets. I'm diggin' the wheels too. It really makes the car look bad to the bone.

Are you going to leave the tail light housings blacked out?

Thanks fellas!!!

Great news, That was a bad crash. Very glad the car is back on the streets. I'm diggin' the wheels too. It really makes the car look bad to the bone.

Are you going to leave the tail light housings blacked out?
Thanks Don! Yeah I'm going to leave the back area black. There will be a minimal amount of chrome. Eventually I want it to have an old NASCAR/TransAm fusion look.

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy you got your coupe back on the road! I remember your original post about the crash well and must say that it looks phenomenal having been damaged as badly as it was. Congrats and keep up the progress!

Yes!! That's great news!

I told you your rims would look awesome didn't I?
Yup! Definitely the right decision. I know you've been through plenty of wheel combinations, so a green light from you was peace of mind lol.

I also meant to ask, what are the specs on those wheels and tires? I am really digging the way they look, lots of meat out back!!!
The D-Windows are 15x8s all around. The front tires are 245/60/15 and the rears are 275/60/15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back