Finally had the seats repaired!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertable
302 v2 FMX 2.79 rear end
about 3 weeks ago I ordered from SMS 1 yard Blue Comfortweave, and 2 yards OEM blue vinyl, to repair the front seats, and I had a local Upholsterer do the repair, they came out GREAT!! no more putting jackets over the seats to hide the rips.

It was worth the money to buy the real Comfortweave, it feels nice and soft, and not hard and ready to crack.

the guy took the seats apart and used them as a patern, and made new seat bottoms, and he gave me all of the old stuff to save as patterns for the future.

20131004_182856 seats_resized.jpg

20140403_163532.jpg

20140403_163545.jpg

20140403_163518.jpg

20140421_174415.jpg

20140421_174418.jpg

20140421_174442.jpg

comf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks absolutely fantastic , stunning job !!!

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent job! That's the route I'm going to take with mine!

That authentic comfortweave sure looks loads better than today's avaialable alternative!

You would think that since it is still clearly available that the seat cover makers would just use it in thier reproductions and charge accordingly!

They look great. Nothing better than working with the original materials as much as possible. Good job. With a convertable the interior really becomes a show piece. Your extra effort and cost will pay off big time.

That authentic comfortweave sure looks loads better than today's avaialable alternative!

You would think that since it is still clearly available that the seat cover makers would just use it in thier reproductions and charge accordingly!
I was thinking the same thing, I would certainly pay the extra cost to get the authentic comfort weave, when you put them side by side they make the reproductions look cheap. By the way I have reproductions in good shape on mine but I would swap them out in a heartbeat if they come out with sets with authentic comfort weave on them.

Here is the web to SMS http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

and it is true about a convertible, its easy to look inside, so it truly is the center piece.

a few years back I did buy a set of TMI deluxe seats, and returned them as soon as I saw how they look, and I have been waiting and waiting!!

Back