Fire Damaged 1970 Road Runner Superbird

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'll drive by their shop and storage yard one of these days, see if it's sitting there. A hardware store and Harbor Freight store that I go to aren't far from them. :)

Was probably one of the California fire cars. Interesting that the VIN plate was not burnt?? I was off the car when it burnt, that seems suspicious for sure.

When I was doing some prototype we used Kriewall Enterprises in MI. They use to make the noses for the bird in their shop probably still would. This was in the late 90's.

Really sad to see such rare car ending this way.

You guys think it could do the phoenix thing and return as a super repopbird?

Could you rebuild from scratch such car with any chance of profit? I mean, I'm sure you can get lots of repro/maintenance parts,

but there must be loads of very pricy hard to find NOS parts to get it back to near original, where it would have most value no?

Was probably one of the California fire cars. Interesting that the VIN plate was not burnt?? I was off the car when it burnt, that seems suspicious for sure.

When I was doing some prototype we used Kriewall Enterprises in MI. They use to make the noses for the bird in their shop probably still would. This was in the late 90's.
My mom worked for them for awhile then went to Experi-metal. Will was a friend of my parents. Small world.

Last edited by a moderator:
A real shame to have a car like that be burnt to zero. At the same time, it is a real shame to see any car burnt to zero.

Back