First car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Mustang (project)
93 Dodge Shadow (daily)
86 Buick Regal (2nd project)
Not sure if someone has already done this.

Just wanted to know what your first car was/is?

Mine is a 1986 Buick Regal with a 307 and the rare double neutral transmission option.

Just for kicks what was/is your first Mustang?

Mine is a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351C.

Thanks for looking

First car: '77 Nova 4 door. 250 straight six. Car was indestructible, but not cool.

First Mustang - '73 Mach 1, bought in '88. Wrecked it 6 months later; bought another with a blown motor and transferred over the motor and interior. Saved all the parts I could.

In about 2002 or 3 the strut rod pulled out of the brace (rust) so I found a stripped body shell that a guy had started and given up on, and transferred all my parts again.

My first one was an '82 Mustang GL Hatchback. I loved that car, but was bitten by the 4x4 bug after returning home from Izmir, Turkey. I'll always have a soft spot for the 'Four-Eyed Fox Bodies.' I wish I could justify an '83-86 GT hatch or 'vert... but I think I'll be OK with my '71.

My first car was a 1964 Pontiac Bonneville, a real tank but fast!

My first Mustang was a well optioned 70 Mustang Sportsroof. Still got the window sticker if someone has the car!

70MustangSportsroofWindowSticker.jpg

1989 Honda civic with a Honda matic transmission. No clutch but you had to go through the gears. That was my then girlfriends car. My actual first car was an accord can't remember the year somewhere in the ninety's. Not that it maters hahaha. My first cool vehicle was an 89 dodge ram van. We used it to tour with the band all through eastern Canada. My drummer is waiting for us to sober up so we can go to the next gig hahaha.

IMG_8820.jpg

72 Buick LeSabre 4 door 350, inherited from Mom and Dad who bought it new. I drove it till 95, and sold for $500. Talk about indestructible, I wrecked it 3 times and my brother once I think!

First and only Mustang so far, 71 Mach 1 bought used in Tennessee, Grabber Green.

First car - 1973 mustang mach 1 lol

All of you guys have had pretty cool first cars.

Anybody still have theirs?

I do and I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first car was the 1972 Mach q-code 351cj 4spd..That I'm currently restoring /building ..Bought it in July of 1979 & I still have it 32 years later ! ::chili::

My first car was '66 MGB

My first Mustang was a '69 Mach 1. Silver Jade green 351 w automatic.
MG's are fun cars. I had a 69 MGB with the electric overdrive that worked in both 3rd and 4th gear. It was almost like having a six speed!

I still have a 1960 MGA that I bought in about 1975? (I need to go look at the title). It's a failed restoration for me that I quite on back in the late 70's, but I have tons of new parts for it and may try it again.

All of you guys have had pretty cool first cars.

Anybody still have theirs?

I do and I can't seem to bring myself to get rid of it.
It wasn't my first Mustang, but the 73 Convertible that I still have I bought in 1974 when I was 20 years old. So 37 years later I still have it! So hang on to yours if you can!

My first car was a 53 ford mainline. Never actually put tags on it 1975.

My first real car was 73 challenger 318 1977. Use to dream about still having it. 35000 mi's minimal rust. Then I would wake up and realize it was long gone.:(

I really liked a 73 mercury capri 1600 2barr,slapstick.fun but rusty 1982

First mustang 73 fastback 1993.

First car 1957 Ford Skyliner(retactable hardtop) no motor or trans. I put a 352 and Cruisematic in it but never got to drive it (15 years old) First car I got keep as mine was 1957 Fairlane 500 312 cubes two speed auto a very fun car with room for 6 and at the drive in ;)

1st Mustang 19641/2 289 coupe which succumbed to a wreck. Then 67 390 coupe which was traded for a 428CJ 4 speed sportsroof on my Honeymoon in July 1972(still married to the same person). That car is still in the family as my son now has it. First 71 was also a sportsroof, 351 C, FMX, A/C, FM stereo, manual steering and manual brakes. That one stayed in the family from 1972 to 1996. Bought it used from a Chevy dealer who thought it was a 70!:angel:

Depending on the definition of "first"...

- First 4 wheeled potentially streetable vehicle purchased - 1936 Chevy low cab pickup. Bought it with newspaper route and grass cutting money @ 13-14 years old. Never saw the light of day.

- First driveable, street legal vehicle - 1979 Jeep CJ5 that Dad built from several totals (1981)

- First ultrabitchin' Ford that I really, *really* want back - 1973 Grand Torino Sport fastback (1982)

- First Mustang - my '90 7-Up car that I still have (1996 I think)

Hang on to that Mustang if you can, man. Old cars are harder to replace than any old girlfriend will be... :)

Hang on to that Mustang if you can, man. Old cars are harder to replace than any old girlfriend will be... :)
note to self- break up with girlfriend.. care about mustang more lol.. THANKS!!!!!!!

Back