First glimpse of new paint (with pic)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfdavid

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
400, race cam, pistons, rocker arms, ignition, heck, basically everything is race modified
Went by the paint and body shop today to drop off some parts and I got a glimpse of what the paint I picked out finally looks like on my hood. I am thrilled, it was just what I had envisioned! Now, I can't wait to see the rest of the car once it gets painted!

482E2E2A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
me likey, is that an original hood? they did an excellent job on the matte black, unlike the guy that painted mine 9 years ago, i think he used spray paint! anyway, looks great!

2elxc7q.jpg

me likey, is that an original hood? they did an excellent job on the matte black, unlike the guy that painted mine 9 years ago, i think he used spray paint! anyway, looks great!

2elxc7q.jpg
Thanks guys.

Yes, that is the original hood. Guess this answered my question I asked on my matte finish thread I posted a few days ago. Glad I went matte.

that looks great! Very nice job! Where's the shop located and what'd that cost if you don't mind disclosing the price?

I have a '73 convertible that needs paint and after it's done I need to get to work on my '73 CJ Mach I.

We're over in Houston, Tx and for a decent paint job at a good price it's worth trailering a car to a shop.

that looks great! Very nice job! Where's the shop located and what'd that cost if you don't mind disclosing the price?

I have a '73 convertible that needs paint and after it's done I need to get to work on my '73 CJ Mach I.

We're over in Houston, Tx and for a decent paint job at a good price it's worth trailering a car to a shop.
Hey Racer,

It is in my hometown, Baton Rouge, LA. Only about 4 hours away.

The shop is Collision Connection Restoration located on Cloverland Ave.

Do a google search or them in Baton Rouge and it will pop up with thir number.

The owner's name is Ed. Really good guy and knows his stuff.

As far as price, I am don't want to disclose what I am paying but I will tell you this. I am having body work done and a few other things and it is very very very affordable. I think you will be pleasantly pleased. He is a very affable and easy to talk to guy. Can't hurt to call him. Tell him Dave with the Mach 1 sent you.

Hey Racer,

It is in my hometown, Baton Rouge, LA. Only about 4 hours away.

The shop is Collision Connection Restoration located on Cloverland Ave.

Do a google search or them in Baton Rouge and it will pop up with thir number.

The owner's name is Ed. Really good guy and knows his stuff.

As far as price, I am don't want to disclose what I am paying but I will tell you this. I am having body work done and a few other things and it is very very very affordable. I think you will be pleasantly pleased. He is a very affable and easy to talk to guy. Can't hurt to call him. Tell him Dave with the Mach 1 sent you.
I'm very impressed with the hood! Looks great in every way. My car has the original paint and no rust anywhere but needs new paint. I may have to make that short drive to see Ed too! I'm looking forward to the finished product!

Looks good but what are the two holes for in the yellow? Look to far back to be hood pins.
Yup, hood pin holes.

Lookin' awesome! Can't wait to see it all back together. Congrats!

Back