fixing it up

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino325

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Convertible, Light Blue
Well, my wife and I bought a 72 convertible with an H code somewhat naively and of course my head's swimming about all the cool stuff I can do to it (dual exhaust--add a RAM-AIR, uprgrade wheels, etc...)

After the fact we discovered it really needs a lot---top doesn't seal at all--windows don't align! Hoping it's not too expensive to fix.

If anyone has experience with that issue I would be particularly interested in hearing about it.

Welcome to the money pit. Ever here of people selling cars and saying that they've got $10,000 invested in it and are willing to part with it for say $7,000? Well that's where I'm at. Only, after 32 years of ownership, I've never parted with it.

Driving down the street and having everyone, yes everyone look at you [i mean - your car] is priceless.

Welcome to the club. This is the best forum that I've found.

i blew over 40k in 5 years in repairs. welcome to the pit :D

Welcome to the forums! The financial strain is common for any type of restoration, but you have come to the right place for all the info you need to get your project underway! I hope you enjoy the 71-73 forums!

::welcome::

::welcome:: Its a Vert remember top & windows down,sunny days here we come :cool: Worry about one thing at a time and it really don't seem so bad.

Well, my wife and I bought a 72 convertible with an H code somewhat naively and of course my head's swimming about all the cool stuff I can do to it (dual exhaust--add a RAM-AIR, uprgrade wheels, etc...)

After the fact we discovered it really needs a lot---top doesn't seal at all--windows don't align! Hoping it's not too expensive to fix.

If anyone has experience with that issue I would be particularly interested in hearing about it.
Thanks for all the welcome posts! I'll put pictures up as soon as I can get some...

Welcome to the club! I think I posted the same post you did about 3 months ago. I'm sure BT (Cobra 3073) will chime in shortly to help you get your head on straight, as he did with me. It's some of the best advice I've been given about how to approach doing all the cool things you want to do, and your head is swimming. Of course, you'll still spend as much money as you can (or can't :)) afford, but it will help you see through all the stars in your eyes. :D

I've got a 73 convertible and don't have roof issues, but I do have rear window sealing issues. I'm not to that project yet, but when I get there, it will be nice to have someone else to swap frustration stories with.

Anyway, welcome, and please post pics ASAP!

Doc

WELCOME aboard RHINO325!

You are in GREAT company as there are a number of convertible owners on the site who have expressed great willingness to share their experience.

As to any "issues" you are having, please post them up in the appropriate forum so that they may receive the most relevant responses - - I am sure that we have people who have gone through the same thing. Believe me, you have found a home.

Again, WELCOME!!

BT

Welcome to the club! The mustang will be like that old elephant saying, one bite at a time, and you'll get there. I just finished replacing my beltline weather stipping and adjusting the windows on my vert, all in all relatively easy and fun. Good luck and enjoy.

Marty

hey welcome! i just posted a similar post as well, as i am sure everyone here has at one point as you. my wife and i moved to hawaii and are restoring a 1973 mustang convertable. yes looking at the ram air and upgraded suspension and leather seats are great , but still working out all the little bugs she came with ie...roof leaking(got new liner for it yet to instal) and windows are completely unaligned and the weather sttripping on the whole car is shot, have more body issues than i realized as well, but yeah what they say everyone! looking at you as you drive down the road is priceless. and you cant beat the sound of the running engine.(once you get it running haha).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back