Flooring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky1977

Reaction score
My Car
Ford Mustang Mach 1 1972
Hello everybody... I'm Mark from the Netherlands and this is my 1972 mach 1 project. At the moment I'm placing Dynomat and I'm busy cleaning under the dash. I removed the heating unit a couple of days ago which was a complete mess. Does anybody have experience with the universal heaters from JEGS? I also removed the whole wiring harness and bought a Painless 14 circuit wiring harness which I still need to install.

Hi Mark

::welcome:: from your neighbor in Luxembourg, Europe.

I moved your thread to introductions so everyone can we you've joined and the guys (and ladies) can give you a proper welcome.

I don't know about the heaters you mentioned but there will be someone soon who can help you with that.

Hi Mark: Welcome to the forum. 'If you're not Dutch, you're not much' is what my Hollander friends say over here.

Nice looking 1972 Mach 1. Good color combination too.

Installing the Dynomat on the floor is a good idea. I installed the same stuff on the underside of the roof and inner walls to quiet down the noise. Keep us posted with your progress.

Welcome from Oregon.

I haven't had experience with the Jegs heater, but have had with similar types. "Back in the day" heaters were an option on most cars and I installed a couple of the universal heaters for friends and coworkers. They're pretty basic, you'll need to hang a couple of brackets, probably drill holes in the firewall if your holes aren't close enough, and mount the switch to the bottom of the dash. Getting hoses ran for the defroster was the biggest hassle, but you already have them, so you'll just need to connect or adapt them to the heater box. You'll need to plug or cap the cowl vent that provides fresh air to your existing heater.

If it were me I would contact Don, at OMS (one of our forum members and advertisers), and see if he has any nice used heaters, or for a new case and internals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back